London Day 3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
February 6th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We went to the Tower of London today. It was impressive, even though in my head I pictured a really tall, skinny tower instead of the thick, square tower with a fortress around it. It was a fun place to visit.

There was still snow on the ground, which made the Tower Green very beautiful. The ravens (they were huge) stood out so starkly against the snow.

The Crown Jewels were stunning, but I can't imagine having to actually wear them. They must be so heavy. There were so many crowns of different styles and gems.

The armory in the White Tower was one of my favorite parts. It was full of entire suits of armor (for men and for horses), weapons of all types, and artillery. There was a suit of armor that was three feet tall (The Dwarf) right next to one that was at least seven feet tall (the Giant).

We walked around the battlements and through the various exhibits on them. There was an amazing view of the Tower Bridge and the Thames from the wall. The exhibit about the animals that used to be kept in the Tower was interesting. It was full of stories of hysterical things like an alcoholic zebra, a baboon that smoked a pipe, and an ostritch that gave rides.

After the Tower, Amy and I split ways so I could make the train.

What an AMAZING trip to London!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb