Soaked


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
August 26th 2011
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

OMG - that window is wearing the same shirt as me!OMG - that window is wearing the same shirt as me!OMG - that window is wearing the same shirt as me!

I was told this was an original tourist sweatshirt!
Third day in London (second day of sightseeing) and guess what? It's raining! We didn't let that stop us. Hopped on the bus and did our second day of touring around London.

We saw Sophie's sweatshirt hanging in a shop window, much to her chagrin. We rode the London Eye (for some reason, Robb keeps calling it "the arm" - he's so contradictory). Robb - "I am not!" We saw a cool statue of a horse kissing the ground and did some shopping at Harrods. Harrods was wonderful but now we understand why that episode of Mr. Bean has him buying ONE Christmas ornament. That place is bloody expensive. We saw a watch for GBP371,000. Really?!! Wouldn't you worry someone would chop off your wrist?

A quick change at the hotel into warmer clothes and we did an evening walk to Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square. The rain had stopped but no crowds so we were able to watch the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace with lots of elbow room. Trafalgar Square was still bustling with people. There's a clock there now counting down the days to the Olympics next year.

We found a nice restaurant off the Square where Robb was pleased to finally eat proper, giant English chips.

We love the taxis here. They seat up to six people in the back!

Tomorrow, we pick up our rental car. Robb has been watching how drivers drive here in London. He's pretty scared!! They drive quite haphazardly. The bus we were on this morning, came within an inch of another bus as he was leaving. And that was apparently enough room for the bicycle to go through.

We're hoping to do a day trip riding out of London and maybe visiting Staffordshire by way of Oxford (on Ann's insistence). Robb wants to wait to have breakfast when we leave London as he is still eagerly awaiting a full and proper English breakfast. The hunt is on.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Countdown to OlympicsCountdown to Olympics
Countdown to Olympics

335 DAYS, 22:42:50


30th August 2011

How's the beer?
Looks like it's been fun in Jolly Old England. Did you go to the bakery that started the fire, that burn down England which got the rats out of the city, which ended the black plage? Did you go for a pint at the Hung, Drawn and Quartered? Did the guys in the funning outfits arrest any of you? Love to all P,B,L, and pups
30th August 2011

In the PInk in London
Nice sweater Sophia-Lea. Hey Kate did you knock on Harry's house to ask for a date? Love you guys Us all.

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb