It's getting cold in here....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 4th 2006
Published: April 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Phone BoxPhone BoxPhone Box

Who you gonna call? some nuggety looking tourist...
Hiya!

Well, I am backdating this, as it is now thursday the 6th in the morninga and some things have happenned since, but imagine that I was writing this is the evening of Tuesday the 4th (even though I was bearly able to open my eyes in the evening of Tuesday the 4th - and that could have possible been a much more interesting entry...)

So... Yesterday (monday) we got up all early and had our last breakfast with Hilary (she has gone over to India for 4 months) before taking her to the airport before lunch. On the way we saw some Chavs - so that was very exciting! We sat at the airport swapping dodgy anti speeding advert stories and it turns out that Britain's government puts on just as many if not more dodgy ads as australia!

After saying goodbye to Hilary, Alan and Susan took us into London, and did this massive driving tour around most of the sights! it was great! They then took us to our hostel so we could check in, and then we went to Madame Tussauds and hung out with Angelina Jolie for a bit (as you do...)
AngelinaAngelinaAngelina

So shiny!!

Got some classic photos of Kristy with John Howard though!

The ticket price included a trip on the London Eye! so after that, Alan dropped us off outside the Eye and we headed off the confront London all alone!

So, first stop was the eye. By this time it had gotten quite chilly in London, so the eye, apart from being just beautiful, and a great photo op, was a great big floating capsule of warmth... I felt like curling up in the corner (if only there were any) and going to sleep.

after that we did this massive walk, across the bridge, around big ben and westminster, past downing street, up to piccadilly circus, then around the theatre districts, and then into soho where we found this gay club (called funnilly enough G-A-Y...) and sat awkwardly in there for about an hour, and I was thinking to myself - i can't make friends with strangers in gay bars in australia, why would london be different... - but then we had a bit of a chat to a couple of really nice girls for a while and it was cool. only by then we had drunk so
royalroyalroyal

What's to say really...
much that we were a bit sleepy and had to head back to the backpackers...

Which leaves us wandering around soho, drunk, with no money... ah bliss! and can I say, that london cabbies are like 1 million times nicer than aussie cabbies! we hailed one, and with like £4 in our pocket, he made us a deal, that he would take us home and only charge us what we had - it was so nice!

The hostel was okay... heaps of Aussies... enough said really.

In the morning we went down to russel square station, and caught a double decker touring bus thing (the type with no top, so you can sit in the freaking cold breeze - which we did!! it was great!) we went over the tower bridge, and got off at the tower of london, then caught a ferry up the thames to big ben! the we had fish and chips and flat beer in an old pub for lunch, before rejoining the tour and going out to Harrods and the history museum.

after that, we were so buggered! we went back to the hostel to grab our things, and Kristy found
BuffyBuffyBuffy

We just talked and talked and talked and talked...
this Gay book store just around the corner from our hostel which was quite a find!

We then caught a tube to waterloo, then a train out to reading and just crashed! Alan picked us up from the station - it was so great!

ZZZzzzzzzzz...




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

HowardHoward
Howard

It didn't feel good doing this picture.. but I felt it was my responsibility.
Big BenBig Ben
Big Ben

One of Kristy's beautiful postcard shots... The legendary giant clock hehe :)
AndyAndy
Andy

Helsinki! Helsinki! Helsinki!
Westminister AbbeyWestminister Abbey
Westminister Abbey

Magnificent.
museummuseum
museum

At teh history museum - every single building is just absolutely impressive!
PiccadillyPiccadilly
Piccadilly

Kristy outside Picciadilly - or little tokyo...
Tower of LondonTower of London
Tower of London

This is where lots of people lost their heads.
Speaking of cuteSpeaking of cute
Speaking of cute

Kristy in front of the Tower Bridge
The Eye!!The Eye!!
The Eye!!

In front of the London Eye - our orbs of warmth
Some StatueSome Statue
Some Statue

Some statue of something, or nothing...


7th April 2006

hey
hey guys, good to see you are having fun, very funny howard shot!!! dont worry i would have done the same thing!! Everything looks so beautiful! cold i suppose?!! Anyway.. see you soon, be safe and have fun!!!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb