London


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in London on Monday afternoon to a heatwave. It looked like London but felt like Queensland - 28 degrees. Lovely to leave the airport and recognise all the signs and know where you are going Buy the time we found our hotel lovely old Georgian building in Glouster Place and settled it was late in the day so we just went out for a walk. Nearly melted, went into Marks and Sparks. So busy queues 10 people long for the fittings rooms. ( For those interested they seem to be having a love affair with linen.)

Had a wondwerful day with our old friends Jackie and Paul. They came into London from Bradford on Avon to spend the day with us. We got the open double decker bus ride around London getting on and off for Lunch, river cruise. Had a slow start due to traffic jams caused down at Westminster by QE opening Parliment. Later we walked past Buck House for photo opportunity and through Hyde park where we picked up the bus again through Kensignton and then to "our local" the Duke of Malborough for dinner. Pushed them in a cab back to Paddington for their train home after a great day touring and talking (The mouths still moving as the cab pulled away)

Second morning started with a tour of the Tower of London. Its good fun - the Beefeaters are great value. Very funny and of course the jewels are the "Crowning glory" puts all sparking trinkets into inconsequence. Fortunately they heard I was comming and installed a converyer belt to keep me moving. Luckily we didn't go the day before as one of the crowns was being worn out for officail duties down a Westminster. Grant enjoyed all the armoury and King Henrys full set of amour.

Then time to start heading to Green Park. Find the right platform for the Heathrow trains coming in . Some stress as the phones don't work underground After about 10 trains 1st born with large red bag finally emerges off the train!!!!! Had a quiet time and dinner at the pub again before all the repacking and waving goodbye as we both went our seperate ways this morning. Her with my only warm coat (temperature has dropped) and remaining Euros and I'm a little bit sad.

I love London! and talking about our next trip! Can't believe this week is Chelsea flower show and I MISSED IT! Oh well perhaps third time lucky. We are now sitting in 1st class lounge at Heathrow on my second glass of bubbles. Fortunately the flight has been delayed one hour so I can finish this! Think I have half an hour to window shop talk to you from Lisbon.

Lots of love Me and Him


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb