Retracing My Steps


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It may only be a week late but I finally have time to sit down and play catch up. I'm just going to jump right in and start where I left off - London.

London is a confusing place. And when you are sleep deprived and Jet lagged, it can be rough. But our experience was awesome. Somehow we successfully managed to sleep and sight see the entire city with exact precision. We lucked out with our Hostel being in the center of London and in the middle of city. The hostel itself was pretty clean but extremely crowded. Our bedroom held 18 people and all their luggage but it was super cheap so who cares.

Our first excursion took us out to St. Pauls Cathedral and then on to the London Bridge (boring) and the Tower Bridge (much more exciting). My favorite stop on the first day was the London Tower were all sorts of torture and beheadings happened in years past and we stopped there for some shopping and picked up some post cards. We basically hit all of old London along the Thames river and anything on the east side of the city. By the time
London Tower BridgeLondon Tower BridgeLondon Tower Bridge

(Not Falling Down)
we had walked half of London we went out for Fish and Chips and an acclaimed restaurant and then ventured out into the night.

The nightlife in London varies from acceptable to non-existent. Maybe is was because it was a Wednesday night. But by the time we hit a pub and walked around to see some sights at night the entire city was dead. By midnight Jackie and myself were to only soles around for miles while trying to find Shakespeare Globe Theatre. It was probably the weirdest feeling beeing in a big city with noone around and we were almost certain our trips was going to end on our first night being robbed in a dark corner on a bridge. But alas we found it and descided to just sleep off the night with a taxi ride home.

The next day we took a walking tour of the city with a European tour company that was free and extremely fun. It focused more on the newer sites like buckingham palace and big ben that we hadn't seen yet. By the time it was over we had to head to the train station and were off to Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb