Final flying goodbye to London


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a ten hour flight we arrived back at London Heathrow, my lovely Dad picked us up and we arrived at my mums for a delicious home cooked meal…..

London was a struggle as we only had 2 weeks and lots of people to say bye to. We had our leaving drinks at a great old pub in Belsize Park, It was great to see everyone at our leaving drinks, we started at about 2pm and continued to drink through till about midnight, it was so lovely to see everyone, we really missed our friends while we travelled and will continue to miss you all from NZ. Most people were tipsy by the time we left including myself… We were happy and sad at the same time, as we had such a fun day but were knew for most people it was the last time we would be seeing them with any regularity. We will miss you all and sorry the camera only came out late, (Adison-Allgoods, Balls, Fishwicks, Leyhanes, Manitos, Zenies)

We crashed at Bhu’s house overnight and got up early to watch the Marathon in Narrow St, as normal it was great to see such good spirit in London. We also caught up again with the Adison-Allgoods and Coco our favourite 2 year old. We had a lovely lunch at Tims, the girls chatted and the boys watched the Grand Prix… Sam managed to squeeze in a poker night during the week and I managed to catch up properly with Caro and Shaz.

We also helped my lovely mum celebrate her 60th birthday in style, starting with Breakie at Jamie Olivers and ending with dinner at Odins Brasserie. I can honestly say that my mum doesn’t look a day over 50, I hope I have her genes.

We also took a trip with Norman to the Science Museum.. we really should have spent more time there whilst in London, but at least we will have a reason to visit!

As D day was getting closer Sam and I were saying our final goodbyes, which are harder than they look. We also had to try and fit all of our belongings into just 4 bags, Sam cunningly decided that it was unfair that a guitar is considered 1 piece of luggage, so he tied his guitar to his backpack with rope and made a handle, then when we arrived at Heathrow he got it wrapped in cellophane. To my surprise he managed to pull it off and we got away with that plus 2 pieces of hand luggage and a camera. Phew…. We also luckily got our upgrade so we had premium seats all the way to NZ, we also managed to sleep quite a lot on the second leg, the food was just amazing as always and Air New Zealand in my opinion are the only way to flight to Australasia.

So bye bye London and that chapter of our life.. Here we come NZ!



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



20th May 2009

Sorry i missed you.
Hey guys, Lori and I are both sorry we missed you. Having a 10month old makes it tricky getting out! I'm excited for you both. Enjoy settling back into NZ life...

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0848s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb