Un Zed


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Devonport
August 15th 2009
Published: July 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in NZ May (hard to believe we have been here nearly 6 months already!) we have been in the new house 5 months and are 1/2 way to starting the next chapter.. or rather the next novel in the trilogy. Yep for those that haven't heard Debs pregnant with our first born. Something that certainly changes life or so I'm told.

This will be the final blog as we really have finished the journey into our new life now.
But first a few pictures that hopefully show why we moved the other side of the world and traded in great jobs with great friends for life in NZ. The coast line of NZ really is stunning. The place is a natural paradise with all the things that one could want for a wholesome life. Fresh air, clean oceans and relatively uncrowded. The lack of population being the reason for the first two. It does have it's own issues but ones that we are happy with, if you are into the culture of big city life then NZ isn't the place for you. Luckily the surfing, diving, fishing, sailing and mountain biking are world class, not to mention the fantastic food provided by the land and seas.
I'll let the pictures speak for them selves, but some of these pictures were taken in spring/winter and it was still 20 degrees. This winter was really sunny and temperature was pretty moderate all the time, there was only couple of weeks of colder weather where we wished kiwi's insulated their houses! Luckily it's pretty easy to sort that out.

Debs hasn't been quite as active as she would like since she is getting more and more pregnant but she has been biking, doing lots of Yoga, gym and enjoying the local beaches, as well as being a lady of leisure, but more importantly growing the next generation and and we hope that this is all still here for them to enjoy when they get older.

We are loving our house and now we have started to make our own mark on it, it feels even more like home... Now we are coming into Summer weather is starting to get really hot but luckily our house is quite cool... We have been having lots of barbie's hmm....... and enjoying the weather. We discovered a great BBQ game in Croquet.. its not as old fashioned as it may seem. Quite fun and vindictive.. suits us fine ;-).

I've had a couple of long weekends skiing on the local volcano.. even hiked to the top and got some fresh turns! Not quite Canada worthy but pretty good for 4 hours drive away!

Sam & Debs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb