London Transportation


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
December 10th 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

London has one of the best transportation facilities in the world. It has every mode of transportation like buses, airlines, boats, underground railways (The Tube), cars, taxis. Are we left with anything? Someone can get little apprehensive about the way they operate but once you use them you will surely praise them. London is a financial hub as well as a favorite tourist destination.

Transportation in London has many positives but one of the major drawbacks is the lack of parking space. This sometimes can be so distrusting that you will regret coming by your own vehicle.

Airlines
London has all the major airlines operating to and fro. It has 5 airports including Heathrow which is one of the busiest airports in the world. You can easily access the airports as they are well connected. Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and London City airport being the others have different tradeoffs in the terms of cost and facilities.

The Tubes
Tubes are the famous and indeed one of the best transportation services of the world. The Tube is the finest way to travel in London. It is extremely efficient and very easy and comfortable to use.

Buses
With more than 70k bus stops, buses in London can be said as connecting London very well. The famous red buses run on all the roots and outside the centre on London they are better than the underground railways. They are cheaper than The Tube, so budget conscious can opt for this one.

Trains
London trains have an extensive network. It stretches out to the other part of the country as well and it is pretty convenient as well.

DLR and Trams
DLR (Dockland Light Railway) and the trams can be said to be the extension of the underground railways. DLR is the easiest way to reach most of the destinations in East London. Trams are considered a part of the buses, so bus pass is valid regardless of the zone in which you are traveling.

Taxis/Cars
Black taxis run in London and they charge according to the meter. Hiring a car is still the best mode of traveling in London. It is very convenient and comfortable. You can also check the down lanes to English village and the whole journey is very picturesque.

River Services
It is slow and little expensive but it provides one of the best views of some of the fantastic monuments and buildings in London. It passes through many historical monuments and just looking at them from the riverside is altogether a different experience. London river services publish river maps similar to the route maps published by “The Tube”.

London is very well connected through these all means of transportation and it is upto you to choose the best one. There are many places to visit here so make sure to do some homework as that will help you a lot. Do some search on the related websites and you can easily get an idea how to travel in least time and comfortably to your desired destination.

While exploring London Transportation, if you feel to get relaxed you can choose to stay any of the London Hotels.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb