London Airports


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
November 20th 2008
Published: November 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

London being a financial hub and tourist destination sees lots of people flowing in every year. London has a robust infrastructure and that reflects in its airport. It has five airports namely Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton and London city airport. Heathrow is the most famous of them and being the busiest airport of the world has to recently expand itself.

London to New York is the busiest route and the airports offer great value for the money. London airports have different tradeoffs in terms of the airlines flying, price and location. These airports are well connected through the tube and coaches that run on a regular basis.

Heathrow Airport
Heathrow airport handles over 67 million passengers a year and the number is growing day by day. It is the primary hub of British airlines, Virgin Atlantic and Bmi. You can get direct access to central London through Heathrow Express. Located 15miles (24 km) from west of central London it has well connectivity to other parts of the city. No budget airlines operate from here. Search and book your hotels near heathrow Airport in London.

Stansted Airport
It is the London’s most modern airport. Located 34 miles (54 km) north east of central London it has many budget airlines operating like Ryanair and Air Berlin. Every 15 min there runs Stransted Express which takes 45 min to reach Liverpool street station London. Budget airlines growth has made all the difference and this airport is growing very fast.

Gatwick Airport
Second largest airport in UK has many airlines operating to and fro. It has both traditional and budget airlines and it is 27miles (43km) from south of central London. With over 34 million passengers and 263,363 aircrafts in 2006 speaks volume about it. This airport provides easy access to Brighton, Chichester, East Croydon, Guildford, Reading and Southampton. Find and book your hotels near Gatwick Airport in London.

Luton Airport
This is generally the cheapest of all the airports in London in Flight cost. Many budget airlines operate from here. Approx. 30miles (48km) north of London, you can take Green line coaches and easy bus to get there. You can also take a free Luton Airport Express Service which runs outside the terminal at Bay1.

London City Airport
This airport has many airlines operating which includes VLM, BA CityFlyer and Swiss. This is very convenient to reach from central London and is also growing rapidly. There is a free shuttle bus available which runs from airport to canning town station. This airport is said to have been mostly overlooked but things are changing and it is also on the path of development. Many airlines are using it for their smaller aircrafts sector.

Like London city, the airports here are very well maintained. London is one of the world’s leading business, financial and cultural centre which is reflected through the passengers that use all the airports. Never before it has been so affordable and convenient to travel and with the arrival of budget and no frills airlines the whole Europe has become very small. This all things are pretty visible and airports are the one bearing the grunt.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb