Markets, Madam Tussauds and Food


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lady luck is truly on our side at the moment. After a leisurely full British breakfast of eggs, bacon toast and so on, we headed off for the day. The sky was dark, the clouds looked really heavy with rain and the wind was strong. Also the temperature was well below what one would expect for summer. It was decidedly cold. However, we were lucky enough to catch a bus immediately and then a tube to Chalk Farm. From there we headed to Camden Lock Markets. The plan was for the students to wander around for a while. 3 hours later we met up again with a bunch of extremely happy students. Yep, Hong Kongers sure love shopping. Throughout the 3 hours it had been raining on and off, sometimes quite heavily, but it made no difference to the students at all. Excellent! We met at 2.30 and the plan, foolhardy perhaps, was to walk from the markets to Madam Tussauds. At that point the sun peeked out from behind a dark cloud and stayed with us for the next two hours as we walked along the Regent’s canal, over Primrose Hill, through Regents Park to Madam Tussauds. En route the students took photos of the canal and the narrow canal boats, the view of London from the top of Primrose Hill and the beautiful formal English Garden of Regents Park. We even had a treasure hunt when Sherry lost her camera running down the hill and found both her camera and a mobile phone belonging to Stephanie who hadn’t even realised she’d lost it !. After taking photos with the stars at Madam Tussauds, we met up at Leicester Square for a fantastic Italian dinner of pizzas and pastas all served to us by a Brazilian waiter, Francisco. Songs were sung in English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Brazilian. Fun was had by all. Then it was a night-time walk across Hungerford Bridge, taking in the views of the city by night, and finally home to bed. What a day! And today we’re off to Oxford.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



16th July 2008

See your smiling faces!!
See how sweet and satisfactory their smiles are! John, all the hard work pays off, right?

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb