We survived Jet lag


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

From Rush - Today we went to the london eye, london dungeon, borough market. And we walked a very long time but we had fun!
From Matt - The London Dungeon is NOT a historical, cultural landmark. It is a fun Horror House !
We were all wired when we got on the plane in DFW so the plan to sleep all the way to London did not work out so well. I think I got the most sleep and Rush grabbed a few hours. We were on the Tube by 9:30 and made our way to our hotel by about noon. Had an Italian brunch. Then made our way towards South London to the London Eye. Great ride. You get a great view of London and an idea of how it is laid out. After the eye we went to find a Harry Potter film location in Borough Market. The Market was almost closed and the store front where the Leaky Cauldron entrance was filmed was a letdown. But we did find great Fish and Chips near by before catching the London Dungeon. I lost my three day transportation pass and vance avoided arrest when his illegal folding ,locking blade, pocket knife was confiscated by security at the eye. Locking blades are Illegal in England!
I think we will all sleep like the dead tonight. Not sure what is in store for tomorrow but will fill you in tomorrow evening.
From Vance - we decided the guy that sat behind us in the plane and talked all night is the same guy that sits behind us at luckenbach, gruene hall, and all the other shows we go to...i had ear plugs, ear phones, and a ipod playing and he still talked over it all...almost all night, but i could not let matt and rush know i was tired today...so i'm ok....he is one of those texans that makes us all look bad,....anyway, good time, and i only made three business related phone calls, so i did not have complete withdrawal...miss my wife...miss jett....forgot the wire to download pics (back in the room)...so we will upload some pics tomorrow


Advertisement



2nd July 2008

London!!.......
.......OK you've already seen MUCH more of the city than I have AND I WAS BORN OVER THERE!!!!.......M.
2nd July 2008

Interesting. Sister told me that she tried to talk you out of carrying the knife. Ha Ha. Sounds like ya'll had a fun filled day. Enjoy reading ya'lls notes. Be careful and stay safe. Love ya'll.
2nd July 2008

Bagger Vance or Slacker Vance
Looks like you've been indentified as the weak link in the trio. Keep that cable tucked in your sock and I want to see some pics of your adventure.
2nd July 2008

First day sounds GREAT!
Sounds like ya'll had fun. Keep up the daily activities. Glad we didn't go to jail. Can't wait to see more pictures. Loved the one at DFW.

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.07s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb