Westminster


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

From Matt - Rush and I were up early this morning and while Vance was at a business meeting we took another long walking tour. We started at Big Ben worked our way around the Parliment Building and then caught the changing of the guard at 11:30. What a sight. After , we walked through St James Park, fed the squirrels and made our way through a light drizzle to meet Vance at Piccadilly Circus. No Clowns. Then off to the Tower of London. Saw the crown jewels and the armoury and much more. The rain let up and we had high tea near Kings Cross Station. Just finished supper. Had a great Shepards Pie and are now on our way to go clubbing! Rush has been practising saying he's 16! Just kidding! We will be guests at one of Londons hottest rock venues. Koko. We will be sitting near the stage in a box for the owners. The venue holds 1200 and we will have the best seats in the house. We will be seeing Paul Weller formerly with The Jam. Appearantly he is a great guitar player and does a good acoustic show. This show will be available for download from itunes! as a part of their itunes live from London program. We will report on the show tomorrow. Will be home way too late tonight. We will be meeting 7 McGinty cousins for lunch tomorrow and are looking forward to that.

From Vance - today we can't get the pics to load so we will try again tomorrow......and yes, i had a business meeting, can't help it, everybody wants to get in the oil business...even the brits....rush is dong great and i am very proud of him, he is even acting like he is 16.....thanks for keeping up with us, this email machine thing is kind of cool, maybe it will catch on someday

From Rush - Today Uncle Matt and I saw big ben, the london tower,and buckingham palace. While we were there we saw the changing of the guard. And after that I saw some pelicans and I had some ice cream. For lunch we ate at planet hollywood. We are about to go see english rock bands. Bye!

More from Matt - This town is VERY expensive and appearantly there are no fashion police! We will leave it at that!

See ya tomorrow and maybe we can get this picture thing to work again.

We miss you all.


Advertisement



2nd July 2008

Thanx for sending this--just love getting your perspectives! Have enough fun for all of us. Fill me in on the 7 McG cousins--sounds interesting!---love all of your--MM
2nd July 2008

Changing of the guard
Hey Rush, was it you or Uncle Matt that tried to make the guard smile? Glad ya'll are having fun. Jett and I miss all of you.
2nd July 2008

London sounds great!!!
Wow. Can't wait to get pictures, and of course Rush is PERFECT, as he should be, look at who he's with. Hope you got to get close and personal with the band. We love ya'll. Be careful and do/be good.
4th July 2008

Independence Day
Have you found a pub and some Brits to celebrate 4th of July with? What were you thinking with that pocket knife? If you need one or feel you must carry one--they do make ones out of plastic and/or other polymers! Better yet just call me!!! Nice vest! I have one similar for work! You look sharp! Don't forget the Madigascar Shrimp!
4th July 2008

Thanks for sharing your trip with it us. It so exciting to see what ya'll have been up to for the day. Rush you are a trooper. Yvette

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb