London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 24th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Big BusTourBig BusTourBig BusTour

Grant, Lachlan and Mitchell with Big Ben in the background
Here we all are in lovely London city. What a journey it has been so far.

London is more compact than we had imagined. Our first day saw us take a "Big Bus Tour" (yes the same company as Dubai) of the city sights, they kept coming one after the other, we couldn't get our cameras out quick enough. Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, the London Eye, New Scotland Yard, Buckingham Palace, Baker Street, Trafalgar Square, St. Paul's Cathedral, The Tower of London, Shakespear's Globe Theatre, we saw them all in 3 hours.

We have taken tours of the Tower of London and looked at the Crown jewels, sorry no photos allowed. Stood on the spot where 2 of King Henry the VIII's wives lost their heads. We have soared over the city in the Eye, thank goodness for Bach Rescue Remedy, I nearly emptied the bottle. Anyone who knows me knows I don't have a good head for heights, I remained seated for the entire journey.

Yesterday saw us in Greenwich at the Royal Observatory where we stood on the Meridian line separating the Eastern and Western hemispsheres of the globe. Had a really good tour of the museum and got to see the clocks that John Harrison made that solved the problem of determining longitude. Everyone should read the book Longitude by Dava Sobel which explains his struggle to do this.

Onto the National Maritime Museum where we saw the tunic that Neilson was wearing when he was fataly injured during the Battle of Trafalgar.

We have dined in English Pubs and Indian restaurants and consumed £2.00 of chips faster than a flock of pigeons in Trafalgar Square.

Having a great time, will email next from the counrty side.

The Buckleys


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Tower BridgeTower Bridge
Tower Bridge

Just so that you know that we are all still together!!
London EyeLondon Eye
London Eye

Mitchell and Lachlan on the London Eye "Flight"
Greenwich CbservatoryGreenwich Cbservatory
Greenwich Cbservatory

The boys standing astride the Eastern and Western hemispheres of the globe


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb