London with mum


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
October 6th 2005
Published: October 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Wow! London has some pretty impressive stuff to see!
we (me n mum) stayed in a hotel for the first 3 nights, in Victoria (close to the center of town).
So for a couple of days we walked around the city and saw the sights.

First we went to Buckingham palace & saw the changing of the guards (the red dudes with the funny hats).
Then we walked through St James park to the palace of Westminster, houses of Parliament & Big Ben.
Then on the way back we checked out Westminster abbey & cathedral.

The next day we went on the millennium wheel or the London eye, which was pretty impressive, its 350ft high & takes 30min to go round. then onto Trafalgar square to the national gallery (saw Van Gogh's flower painting & a few other famous 1's) and to AUS house to get my new passport sorted!

The 3rd day we went to London tower, saw all the crown jewels (crowns & diamonds n gold everywhere) & a heap of history and museums, lots of weapons & armor.

That night (Saturday night) we went to see the Saturday night fever musical (ya know the
London BridgeLondon BridgeLondon Bridge

The bridge @ london tower.
old school Travolta movie. wow! some amazing dancing, a really fun night.

The next couple of nights we stayed with friends in hammersmith (Ned & Richard & fam).
We had a Sunday roast then me n Richard went to the international b boy break dancing champs in Brixton. Richard & Ned scored us VIP & backstage passes so we where right on the stage next to the crazy head spinning & back flips.
There was a crazy Aussie team from the Goldy, they didn't win but 1 guy got his gear off to intimidate the other team! but Korea beat France in the final. Top night thanks guys for setting it up.

Next stop Paris


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The London EyeThe London Eye
The London Eye

Top view, 350ft up!
Me, mum & the beefeater!Me, mum & the beefeater!
Me, mum & the beefeater!

At the tower of london.
Westy CathedralWesty Cathedral
Westy Cathedral

Didn't go in cause it cost 10 quid, so we went to the small chuch next door for free!
Big Ben & Parliment houseBig Ben & Parliment house
Big Ben & Parliment house

The view from the big wheel.
Me & the boys Me & the boys
Me & the boys

This is beside parliment house.


28th October 2005

Welcome to my city!!
Good to see you're doing the touristy thing Gordo!! Come visit in Hammers soon ok?? p.s - we still have your toothbrush dude!!

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 106; dbt: 0.1017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb