Rent


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
December 8th 2007
Published: December 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As a pre-Christmas treat I decided we should go to London and see a show. Wayne picked to see Rent, a musical I knew little about. I booked the tickets and on Friday we headed to London after work. We started off walking slowly towards the theatre looking for potential dinner options as we went. We found the Spaghetti House opposite the Theatre which was a perfect location. To start we had vegetable soup, very good for us as both of us were a bit coldy! We both also had a yummy prawn chilli/garlicy spaghetti which also pushed the cold out. Desert was required to finish the meal of properly, I had a yummy chocolate mouse and Wayne had an apple tart.

We finished eating with enough time to wonder over the road and find our seats. We were in the stalls near the back, with a fairly good view of the stage (but not the top floor of the set - so just saw legs!!). We moved forward in the interval for more leg space and a better view as it wasn’t sold out.

The performance was very good, lots of fantastic singers and a fairly easy to follow storyline. Denise Van Outen was the ‘famous’ member of the cast, so we spent the entire first half trying to spot her, only to realise that she wasn’t there until the very last scene, but she was involved throughout in the second half.

The story was about a year in the life of some friends some of whom had aids, did drugs or were gay - so adult content throughout. It was really good and made a nice change. I think it would be good to come and see some other West End performances in the year if we get time.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb