Back home and busy!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Nounsley
December 2nd 2007
Published: December 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The last few weeks work and life generally have gone hectic again!

Sat 10th November we went to London for engagement drinks with Hazel and Andy, Wayne’s friends. I wasn’t feeling very well so we didn’t stay to late.

Lots of work meetings followed including a session at Stock Primary School.

Wed 14th November a group from the dive club went to see The Drifters. They were brilliant. We had a fantastic night out.

Fri 16th November went to Escape to celebrate Katherine’s birthday. It was lovely to see Tamsin and Paul again after soooooooo long. Shame I had to work the next morning tho!

Work meetings, training course up in London and a Staff Trustee Away Day took over the following week.

Fri 23rd November we went to Colchester to see Julius Caesar for Suzanne’s Birthday. It was an all female cast who were brilliant. Becoming thespians!!

The weekend was taken over by DIVING! We hosted theory sessions all Saturday for a PRM course and didn’t finish til fairly late, especially after tidying up. We were exhausted and starving so went for dinner with Ian (instructor who was leading) and a couple of PADI dive friends. We woke early the next day and headed to Raisbury for the practical skills part of the course. I pulled my back and froze in the icy water, but otherwise had good fun and felt confident we could run it ourselves next time around.

The weekend meant a lot of my First Aid skills had been refreshed. This made me come across as a swot/geek on Tuesday as it was my work Appointed Person 1st Aid Course. It was good to have my skills refreshed by a professional, and reminded of how to deal with non-diving problems.

1st December another Saturday dedicated to Diving. In the morning Wayne and I went to the Diving Officer Conference in London, headed back after lunch stopping at Bob’s shop to pick up my new drysuit. We got back with just enough time to shower and scrub up in our smart gear ready to go to the Dive Club Xmas Do. Food was ok, drink was flowing and everyone had fun.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb