London


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

At the Castle at last!At the Castle at last!At the Castle at last!

Ant tries hard to beat his big brother at pool. The fact that he did, shows more about his desperation, and local knowledge (not to mention Ben's jet lag), than actual pool ability!
Well, we finally made it. After years of anticipation, we finally find ourselves in the old dart.
Pints and football ... curry and Tesco .... so far, living in Whitechapel just off Brick Lane has been a great experience. Not too many Aussie accents, though, not too many English accents either. It's a melting pot, mostly sub continental (Bangaladeshi) which made us feel right at home after Asia.

It was a long, horrible flight from Bangkok, so we arrive tired and little grumpy, and found a little harrassment from 'survey' people. Andrea was in no condition to answer questions and told the guy to piss off, and he did! Which was a welcome change fro two months in Asia. Not very persistent, but very polite!

Though, we nearly saw a massive CHAV beat the hell out of some respectable English lady - nobody knows what she actually did, but she really pissed this guy off!!! Nearly our first head kicking - English-style.

Andrea had four job interviews, and four job offers ... she accepted a Beauty job in Sloane Square (very posh), but she has some prospects for teaching position. We'll wait and see.

We were
Tower BridgeTower BridgeTower Bridge

Tower Bridge in all its glory
planning a few days in Paris ... but the tickets were too expense on Eurail, so we took a look at the cheaper tickets and found Brussels ... so we're off to see to Capital of Europe!





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The girlsThe girls
The girls

Downing Daquiris
Typical English fareTypical English fare
Typical English fare

Roast beef wrapped in Yorkshire Pudding, served with a pint ... we're definately in England
Bangladeshi New YearBangladeshi New Year
Bangladeshi New Year

Yet another 'New Year' celebration. This time, honouring Bangladeshi new year along Brick Lane, with the requisite Tiger, Bobbies, and rain!
Jack!Jack!
Jack!

Jack the Ripper famously murdered hookers around Whitechapel. Many pubs boast that they were the last watering hole of the damned victims of the 'Ripper'.


30th June 2007

thanks
im off traveling soon with my boyfriend jez but we are doing a working trip from england to oz via asia (sooner or latter england will be oz and oz will be english). just read your journals and it boosted my enthusiasm no end. cambodia has to be the best place in the world that i have seen so far, i thought maybe due to the people i was with but after reading your journal maybe it is just an amazing place. you should get your selfs down to brighton at some time. no where better to work and live in england but failing that its a good night out.
14th July 2007

Enjoy
Thanks Ally, we really loved Cambodia and Vietnam. We've seen a bit of England and Brighton's on the list. Off to Devon soon to meet some friends that we met on our travels who live there. Enjoy your travels ...

Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 60; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb