We love you London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
January 20th 2007
Published: January 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We do! We love you London, we do, oh London we love you......repeat and sing it louder this time.....We love you London, we do, we love you London, we do, oh London we love you!! Woohoo. Obviously we are finally back in London, and have just realised how much we love this place, compared to being detained in Spain, this place is Heaven. And I know I've said before that there is nothing on British TV, but try watching tv for a week with it all in a different language (yes we watched an entire movie in spanish, just staring at the screen and having bets on what they were actually saying) I'll take Emerdale and Corination St anyday.
So anyway, after our spanish taxi driver sleeping in and so picking us up from the hotel late, thus making us miss our bus ride to the airport and us not getting a refund on the prepaid bus tickets and having to pay triple for the damn driver to take us all the way to the airport instead, we made it there on time.....no thanks to the spanish!
We've been relaxing in London for the past couple of days, trying to sort out our travel insurance and scoffing into our favourite chicken pies from the bakery (yes we booked a hostel directly across the road from our fave earls crt bakery.....thought we'd give the heathrow injection one last chance to get a firm hold of us) We fly out tonight to Hong Kong for one night, then onto Bangkok for one night, before heading to beautiful Phuket for one last hoorah before heading home. And, low and behold my folks are gonna meet us in Phuket for a holiday (well deserved too, after the recent stress I've put them through) that is unless Mum chucks some kind of mental fit on the plane probably something to do with her fear of being sucked out through the toilet hole on the plane.....dont ask! No I'm sure they'll be fine, and I cant wait to see them there, even if means a bit of screaming, jumping up and down and ruffling of our hair. Mick bet Mum $50 that she will cause a scene....mum denied that will be the case, but is saving up her $50 as we speak.....just incase.
Anyway, thats it from us today, but if you're lucky we'll post some pics of my folks living it up in Phuket in a few days time.
Til then xxxxx








Advertisement



21st January 2007

cool stuff
Mick you are one lucky guy. I mean it. Stunning wife who likes to travel and is very funny . All that time on your hands to do this travel. WOW!!!!!! Good luck
21st January 2007

Tanya don't tell
Tanya How could you??
21st January 2007

How Embarrassment
Now you are both gonna get it, big time
27th January 2007

Been reading your journal
very funny, sorry to hear about the incident in Spain, lets hope you get to China another time. Jealous about the tigers in Thailand, we'll have to go back there now to visit them. Hope the rest of your jouney goes ok and you get home safely. Del and Gill
31st January 2007

Hi Kids!
It's been great reading your entries ... makes me wish I was there ('part from the spain thing u know!) and I'm sure Glenn would tell me it's as close as I'm gonna get to actually going there! Have a safe trip home ... luv kirst

Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb