Day 1 continued...


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Now where were we? Ah yes dear reader, sat on a plane at Heathrow not able to go anywhere and a baby was now ill and calls were being made for medical professionals on board. It transpires that medical staff were sought from the terminal and duly arrived with police in tow - most strange you may think, but we didn't know the half of it. Upon cabin crew putting out a call for help over the tannoy some Nutty Noreen had offered help to said sick child and proceeded to smear loads of herbal cream all over the cherub, so much so it started having breathing difficulties!! Paramedics came on board and took child and parents away while police handcuffed Noreen and arrested her for child abuse - you just can't make this shiz up.

15 minutes later;


• good news - flights are now landing and taking off
• bad news - we are number 22 in the queue so the 16:45 flight won't take off until 20:00, and if that's the case Las Vegas airport may not accept us and we could be redirected to Los Angeles instead






So, el capitano got on the blower to mission control, and suddenly we'd been bumped up. Boom, so now we pushed back and joined a melee the likes I've only previously seen at a kids egg and spoon race, as 30 planes all went for it, trying to jockey for position on the tarmac. At last it was us, Aidan was sweating like a 70's childrens entertainer in a court room, and we were up and away. The banking made Aidan feel decidely ill, so he curled up and remained this way for most, if not all, of the journey - poor lad.

Sleep was a rare commodity for us, and we were well taken care of by our cabin staff. A straightforward landing and speedy alight and trip through customs and baggage, saw us in a transfer bus to our bijou hotel. The action didn't stop there, as when the driver stopped to drop off some punters at the Tropicana Hotel, Aidan felt very ropey, so also bailed out with Diane, and she very quickly got him to a large bin just outside the Tropicana entrance to huey - class, welcome to Vegas everyone!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb