Visit to the British Disabled Water Skiing Association - Heron Lake, Wraysbury, Middlesex, UK.


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ref: 0401Ref: 0401Ref: 0401

BDWSA - The Tony Edge Centre
Tuesday, 26th July, 2011.

Went along to the British Disabled Water Skiing Association's 'Open Day' held on Heron Lake, at
The Tony Edge National Centre,
Hythe End Road
Wraysbury,
Middlesex
TW19 6HW
( it's just off junction 13 of the M25 near Heathrow Airport)

We had taken 'T', our youngest child who has various disabilities, skiing here a few years ago. Both he and we enjoyed it at the time but, because of problems with our cars, had not managed to get back.

And, owing to an oil pump seal failure on our ancient Megan Scenic, it was touch and go whether we would make it this time! However, thanks to the efforts of Roo and the staff at Blackboys Garage, who fixed it super fast, we managed to make the event, albeit very late, but that's another story.

Even though the guys at Heron Lake were about to pack up we were made very welcome by Alex, the BDWSA centre's manager/instructor, who was happy to take 'T' for a spin around the lake.

As before, all the gear 'T' needed - wet-suit, helmet, life-jacket, sit-ski etc, was provided by the association from their well equiped
Ref: 0399Ref: 0399Ref: 0399

BDWSA - Ski and Wet-suit store.
storerooms.

Although 'T' only had a short time to ski, he thoroughly enjoyed it! So much so that we went back again a couple of weeks later. This time 'T' advanced to the intermediate stage of skiing from the side-slung boom. We had such a great time and as 'T' made it clear he really wanted to ski a lot more, we joined as members.

I've included a number of pictures to show what visitors can expect to find and you can find out more from their website http:www.bdwsa.org . Just click on a picture to enlarge it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Ref: 0400Ref: 0400
Ref: 0400

Stores 2
Ref: 0393Ref: 0393
Ref: 0393

BDWSA Male changing room
Ref: 0394Ref: 0394
Ref: 0394

BDWSA - Male Loo and Shower


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb