mighty chicken.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Heathrow Airport
September 17th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello there!

so, it's stupid past stupid o'clock, and i'm at heathrow airport. after reading so many horror stories about this place, it's refreshingly organised! although i did forget that you have to take your shoes off when going through the security thing, and that takes me ages at the moment as i'm wearing massive walking boots (cheers neve). i cant wait to wear these things with three quarter trousers, as they are going to look suitably ridiculous. spent yesterday in london, a place for which my disdain is well documented! but to be entirely truthful, i had a mediocrely pleasant day! obviously, the first thing i did on arrival was head to camden for some mighty mighty camden chicken (i'm pretty sure that its name has been changed from camden chicken to mighty mighty camden chicken, and with good reason)! that stuff always amazes me to be honest, i've written this section of a travelblog a million times but i always expect it to get a bit boring, but its just amazing! and this time i got to have just a tub of chicken, no noodles! happy john!

walked around london a bit, bought some final important items, like a watch, that i've subsequently left at siobahns house, something that i've literally just this second realised. rubbish! now i need to find somewhere in this airport to buy a watch! gah! duty free?! do they do cheap watches?! does anywhere do cheap watches?! gah! i'm such a massive tool! anyway, walked around london, went back for some more camden chicken and just generally sat. words do not do justice to how much i despise the underground system. i think it's some sort of weird natural reaction, as soon as im there it just annoys me. met up with mighty cousin siobahn, and spent the evening in staines, which my dad will be gutted to know isnt really that ali g at the end of the day. it was almost quite nice! very much like small town wales in the residential area, but then you move to the centre, and theres a debenhams! thats right! a debenhams! i dont even know what they sell!

and then the wonderful siobahn gave me a lift to the airport, where i've preceeded to do the done thing at airports, which is wander around aimlessley. although now, i need to buy a watch. gah!

just a comment about couchsurfing, and how wonderful it is. i had sorted out to stay with someone, and it was all going well. then, they havent replied to my mail for about a week, and hadnt really given me any details on what i was to do on arrival, so i panicked! anyway, posted a message on the caracas couchsurfing group last night (!), and had about 7 emails from people saying they could host me! amazing! so now i'm spoilt for choice! wowzers!

either way, im off to south america. tara!

Advertisement



18th September 2008

John Boy
Good to hear from you john john, keep writing hope you found some where to stay, lots of love Daddsy xxxxxX

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb