Next Stop America!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Heathrow Airport
October 16th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all. Sorry we have been quiet for so long - we have had a busy few weeks travelling around the UK. We continued on through Scotland doing some great things such as a tour of the smallest distillery in Scotland (really cute place and the only ones to still do distilling by hand), looked at some amazing castles and finished off in Edinburgh. We had a great time in Edinburgh and thought it was a really pretty place. Our B&B was right in the city with views of the castle - it was fantastic! We are keen to go back and see some more of the country...... one day...

We then went over to Belfast by ferry. We did a black taxi tour which was an interesting experience - probably best explained in person when we get home. It was really interesting though. We then travelled on through Ireland. In retrospect we probably tried to cover abit too much ground and as such spent alot of time in the car. We did see some lovely things - Cliffs of Moher, Killarney National Park (and the ring of kerry but unfortunately it was foggy that day!), Waterford Crystal factory. and the list goes on. we finished up in dublin which was alive with soccer fever as ireland were playing germany there that night. we also had a good time in dublin, highlights being Kilmainham jail (where 4000 convicts were housed before being sent to Australia - probably some of our ancestors!!!) and the Guinness factory (esp the beer at the end!).

We then did a 'one day only' express trip through wales seeing caernarfon castle and spending the night in cardiff. the next day I (pete sat this one out) went to cardiff castle. it's a gorgeous place designed inside by an architect with a fondness for opium - needless to sat some 'interesting' interiors. all very beautiful though.

we then spent a night with our friends Rhoda and Phil just near Bath. We were very excited to catch up with them again after meeting in Milos and to stay in their 300 year old cottage. it was the most beautiful cottage and it was lovely to be in a house again. thanks Rhoda and Phil!

next stop was Peterborough where we stayed with our friends James and Colleen. we also caught up with some of their family too which was great. thanks James and Colleen!

And so now we are back in London and we leave tomorrow for 7 nights in New York which we are both really looking foward too. the time is just flying by and it's 3 and a half weeks until we get home.

so that's it for now. as you can see we have been very busy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb