Mum and Dad venture back to Hammertown


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
July 20th 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

London: July 20-22.

With Ryan and Nic now in Calgary, Todd and Rach in Aberdeen and Joel and I in London, Mum and Dad took the perfect opportunity to come and stay with us all in three unique parts of the world. We were all lucky enough to travel with them, and for me visiting the graves of my Great, Great Uncles who lost their lives in WWI in Belgium, was a special experience.

They began their month-long trip in Canada, which timed perfectly with the 'Stampede' and as well as spending time in Calgary, they camped with Ryan and Nic in the Banff and Jasper National Parks.

On their way to Scotland they had a five-hour stopover in London, so I met them for coffee at Heathrow. While basing themselves in Aberdeen they also visted Edinburgh and stayed in Glasgow, Inverness and Cumbernauld - which was close to Todd's cricket game in Coatbridge and also of family significance as my Great, Great, Grandparents used to farm there.

After quite a lot of time driving around, I think they were pleased to relax for a couple of days in London, before we headed to Belgium. Their timing couldn't have been better, as we had the best stint of weather all summer! They walked around Chiswick and Hammersmith on the Monday, and on the Tuesday joined me for lunch at work before heading into the city centre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb