Australia versus Brasil


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Fulham
June 18th 2006
Published: November 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was good to have a quiet night, and I continued marking exams when I got up. I rang Baz before it was time to head into London with Kez and Rod.
From Canada Water we caught the tube to Fulham Broadway where we are meeting everyone.
We were starving so we ducked into TGI Friday's for lunch. We tried Brasil beer with our lunch which was a bit ironic, but it was just ok. Kate, Julia (Jules) and Casey joined us, and when we finished eating we headed for the Pitcher & Piano.
We went the wrong way at first, but there were lots of Aussies and Brasilians on the street, and we were sent the right way soon enough.
There was pubs everywhere with Aussie/Brasil flags out the front, but the Pitcher & Piano was very quiet, and we virtually had it to ourselves. Casey's friends had booked a table, which gave us a good vantage point.
Chriso, Jess & Chocolate arrived soon after, which coincided with jugs of snakebites. Razi and Bibi weren't far behind either so we had a good crew together.
By now the place was pretty full, and it had a great atmosphere with the crowd pretty much 50/50 Aussies/Brasilians.
I was disappointed to go 1-0 down, because I thought we were playing well.
At half time it turned into a massive party with Aussies and Brasilians dancing around forgetting about the soccer. Back to the soccer we definitely had our chances, but we didn't deserve to go 2-0 down, but it was a good effort.
Even though we lost, the atmosphere was fantastic with the Brasilians celebrating their win by dancing around, and then everyone else joined in.
We left the party in full swing to get back in time to Canada Water, and Beck wasn't feeling the best.
Kez drove us home and we were in bed not long after 12.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.463s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 27; qc: 118; dbt: 0.1252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb