Loved up in London - Kurt & Di Get Married!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Chelsea
August 3rd 2007
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yep, no jokes, we finally tied the knot!

Sorry that we had to keep it a secret but we didn't want certain family members dropping everything & flying over here - we would have loved to have had family & friends here with us, but we felt it wasn't fair to ask at such short notice.

We applied for approval to marry in the UK as part of Kurt's visa application & when we returned from our trip home it was here waiting for us. The only catch was that it had to be used within 3mths, and it certainly got us thinking & the chance of a summer wedding in london followed by a croatian honeymoon was too good to pass up.

The other deciding factor was that if we didn't do it now, then when ? It may be a little while before we return home & we didn't want to wait any longer.
We never intended to have a long engagement but extending our round the world tour threw a spanner in the works.

So at 2:45pm on Friday 3rd of August, Di & I, plus our flatmates turned witnesses Troy & Carrie, found
Getting readyGetting readyGetting ready

...getting dressed & ready at the hotel..no traditional getting ready apart stuff on this occasion!
ourselves at the Chelsea town hall registry. It was an amazing day. The sun shone, the sky was blue & everything went off without a hitch. The ceremony was short & sweet & afterwards we headed to battersea park for some photos & refreshments.

This was followed by a great meal & ended with drinks with friends at a nearby pub. We couldn't have asked for anything more & consider ourselves very lucky. Our room was even upgraded to a suite (the best room in the place -complete with spar, steam room, powder room, wir's & the biggest/most comfortablebed imaginable) due to a faulty TV!

Thanks to both our families for being so supportive of our decision, and sorry to those who were hoping to get an invite to our Thailand wedding!

Who knows - maybe Thailand for vow renewals??!





Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Getting readyGetting ready
Getting ready

...note the look of apprehension on Kurt's face!
Nearly at the Register Office!Nearly at the Register Office!
Nearly at the Register Office!

...and a bit of luck to find a london wedding bus waiting outside the Register Office for another wedding party...but we took the opportunity to take some snaps.
The Wedding BusThe Wedding Bus
The Wedding Bus

...the perfect London wedding photo!
The CeremonyThe Ceremony
The Ceremony

...this was the serious part...


13th August 2007

Congrats
Congratulations to both you lovebirds. I think it was a fantastic way to tie the knot - totally spontaneous and romantic! ;) You'll never forget it and the story is to die for. See you when you get home!
14th August 2007

Congrats too
Hello Kurt and Di. I’m really impressed. That you both have married, so far away from home. Respect & Congratulation. I wish you all the best. Your love may keep eternal. The crazy German Patrick

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb