We're finally off!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Canary Wharf
September 8th 2009
Published: September 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our route


So, it's nearly time for us to leave! 10 days to go......

Welcome to travelblog. I was introduced to this site by friends I met in Bermuda, Steve and Sophie Ludgate, who did a fantastic job on keeping us updated with their round the world trip a few years ago. For those that know them I guarantee you now that I won't be doing as good a job, but I'll try!!

So on September 18 we start on our round the world trip. We fly to Dubai to spend 10 days with the Dingle family, then onto Hong Kong to visit my family. We then start our epic 28 day tour from HK up to Beijing with Intrepid, through Shanghai and Xian (tour CSN for anyone interested!). Thanks to all those that contributed to this through your generous wedding gifts!

We then fly to Tokyo for about 3 weeks in Japan, which will cost the earth I've heard. But we'll make up for that by flying to Hanoi and spending about 6 weeks travelling down through Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, where we'll be for Christmas.

Onwards to Melbourne for New Year and up the east coast to Cairns taking another 6 weeks ish. Then onto New Zealand for another 6 weeks before flying on to Santiago. It's a bit more vague after this but we're planning on touring South America before travelling up through Central America and into the US. Maybe we'll then think about coming home after that!

If anyone fancies joining us along the way, please do so! We'd love to have a beer (or 5 in Patrick's case!) with those of you living in these far flung places, we'll track you down along the way. And if you've already been to some of these places (or live in them!) and have any recommendations, please do let us know as well. Our e-mail addresses are tracy_turtle@yahoo.co.uk and paddyofdoom@hotmail.com.

We finish work this week then we're off to Bedford/MK to visit the O'Connor family and drop off our stuff, before we go to the airport with my sister on Friday.

Next blog won't be until Dubai in a couple of weeks time, I'll try to work out by then how to add photos!

Keep in touch everyone!


Advertisement



8th September 2009

Off to the races ...
Good luck guys … I'm jealous! Have a great trip and keep the posts coming.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb