Our Time in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bayswater
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

Peter and I have had a wonderful week in London staying with Kate and Ryan right in the heart of London, infact we have been able to walk to Kensignton and Hyde Park and Paddington Station to catch the tube.
The weather has been very mild - 17 - 18 degrees and no rain! katie said we bought the Aussie weather with us!
We started off by sightseeing on the big double decker open top red bus (the only way to see London) The buidings and size of London are quite amazing. Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square are just lovely. We joined in with all of the other tourists saying oohs and aahs when Big Ben and the London Bridge and Tower came into view - simply spectacular.
Walking through Kensington Gardens and seeing all the people running, walking their dogs, heaps of squirrels running about persued by the dogs and just the English expanse of greenery and trees (at times surrounded by mist) has been very therapeutic.
We visited kensington Palace and found it to be beautiful with lovely memories of Princess Di and a bygone era of Kings and Queens - very opulent.
Last night we went on the Jack the Ripper Tour - fantastic, gruesome facts but lots of fun! Maddame Tussauds was okay - took some funny photos - me and Robby Williams!!
We've eaten at some wonderful traditional English pubs and often called 'darlin' and luv' by the bar maids. Peter is loving the sausages, eggs and chips flushed down with a pint of ale.
Anyway, we're off to Paris tomorrow on the Eurostar, so will be intouch again to share our experiences there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Us with the Palace GuardUs with the Palace Guard
Us with the Palace Guard

A couple of dorky tourists!!


15th October 2007

Go guys!!!!
Hi guys You've got some brilliant photos loaded up on ths site and it sounds as if you are both enjoying a very well deserved holiday. You wil get the bug now and want to explore the world!!!!! Love to both of you and looking forward to enjoying your updates Sophie XXX

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb