Let the adventures begin!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Acton
June 22nd 2011
Published: June 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

UsUsUs

Now Londoners
Hello Everyone!

We know it's been a while since you've last heard from us, so here you go!

The last two weeks have flown by. We have both started working. Craig with his catering and function work in 5* hotels, and Rachel has had a few days teaching already. On Monday the 13th of June we signed our tenancy agreement, and moved into our flat, which we share with 5 other people, in a building full of aussies! We can now say that we live in a mansion. If you would like to see our place, google Gunnersbury Park Mansions... you can also send any presents there! 😉 we are the smaller mansion, not the museum one... obviously. Everyone here is really nice, and we have a temporary pet (until his owner comes back for him) He's a bearded dragon, called Frankie. He's pretty cool. We live right across the road from a massive park, so we can have a game of footy in between the rain.

We've done a few touristy things, but still have so much to do! Every time we talk to new people we add more things to our wishlist. We saw Trooping the
Trooping the ColourTrooping the ColourTrooping the Colour

Queen and her family on the balcony for her Birthday
Colour, which was for the queen's birthday. We saw the Queen and all her posse. Charles, William, Kate, Harry, etc etc. Found out we are not really royalists, but we can now tick "see the queen" off our list.

We went on the London Eye... Was really good. we went on a really clear, sunny day, so were really lucky. Have seen most of london now.. haha from a distance! Walked to Big Ben, through Hyde Park, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square - which now has a new M&M store! (we also have both worked there in a hotel called the W.)

We are getting quite good at the Tube... Night buses are a different story (well, Craig's good at those...Rachel not so much).

We camped out with The Fanatics on Monday night, for day 2 of Wimbledon to see Lleyton Hewitt play (and WIN!) We camped from around 5:30pm, had our Pimms, strawberries and cream and met our fellow fanatics. At 5am we were woken up and had to start queuing. We went to watch the aussies, so luckily for us, they were on the outside courts, cos this was a lot cheaper, although it would have been nice to seen centre court. We had a great day watching Wimbledon, and did lots of TV interviews and photos, so I hope you all saw us on your screens! Pat Rafter even came to sit with us!

Have had an awesome time so far, and are hoping the good times keep coming.

We have a couch in our room, if you are coming to stay!

That will do for now. We'll keep you posted!

Rachel and Hally


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Big BenBig Ben
Big Ben

A view from the London Eye
Wimbledon PimmsWimbledon Pimms
Wimbledon Pimms

Had to be part of the tradition
The Fanatics at Wimbledon 2011The Fanatics at Wimbledon 2011
The Fanatics at Wimbledon 2011

Front row seats to see Lleyton Hewitt WIN!
Panoramic shot of HewittPanoramic shot of Hewitt
Panoramic shot of Hewitt

Take by the amazing Rachel ;)
Pat Rafter!Pat Rafter!
Pat Rafter!

Our new friend, Pat Rafter


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb