up ya canal


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire
October 4th 2006
Published: October 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

chillinchillinchillin

cruzing the river avon on the lovely Dawn....
Coming back to enkland makes me feel like I never left!...last week we were on the narrowboat, cruizing the waters leaping from one riverside pub to the next!. we decided that drinking beer and driving river boats was ok.. I mean. there are only two directions to go!... upstream or downstream. not rocket science...

having said that, at one point we were frantically picking apples from a tree on the bank that we forgot to steer and ended up across, blocking the river.. then in our slight '3 pint panic', Jon thought he was going backward but insteam rammed foward into a tree which resulted in the front of the boat looking like the garden of eden!!


we are now staying with debbie and today we visited these great neolithic standing stones... soo lovely... with a village in the middle.....!!.. typical english... "fucking castles, everywhere, we all live in them!" peh


Love you all (especially ash..... miss you loads bubby.... mwah mwah mwah..)
miss you
Alaya xoxoxo



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

 sacred apples sacred apples
sacred apples

we risked life and limb.. almost falling in the river!1..
twas an adventuretwas an adventure
twas an adventure

under bridges.... (dodging pirates...)
sunsetsunset
sunset

'Wyre Piddle'
lockslocks
locks

we went through 11 locks on our narrowboat journey... they were great fun and allowed the boat to move up and down the river where a weir had been built.
ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale
ale ale ale ale ale ale ale ale

"look at me boys. haha!"... message from Jon to the boys at Moon and sixpence.
me and lename and lena
me and lena

I look about 12, and lena looks about 23!!!!.. ?....
stones circlesstones circles
stones circles

built 4600 yrs ago to welcome the gods from the roaming planet... (spending too much time with jon!!!!) ;)
happy dayshappy days
happy days

you can take a bottle and the pub fills it up!! This particular beer is 'Piddle in the Anchor'.....makes Jon a very happy mAN.


5th October 2006

Jon and Alaya's Magnificent Journery
And in the village within the stones is a pub. The only pub in a neolithic monument, this side of Marduk. Had a few pints there myself in 2000, awaiting the return of said wandering planet. A great way to spend the day and ponder ye navel. While you were going down the canal, your business was going down the gurgler - not! Met a bloke at the pub the other day who took 40 odd days to walk the "El Camino de Santiago". That should get rid of a few carbs!
5th October 2006

She's ALIVE!
Bout time you updated this thing!looks loik some fantastic toims your having there. dont forget the photos you promised me :p (insert lexie here) oh, and did your chrochet (is that the spelling) needle get through customs? i laugh - ha ha ha.
5th October 2006

good to see your having fun looks awesome miss ya ash xo
6th October 2006

up ya MUMS canal! :P
...hmm perhaps that subject title is a bit uncouth...? bahhh, im sure you understand! I love your photos!! The apples and standing stone ones are great! :) Sounds like you're having more fun than is neccesary... i commend you to.... have less fun! ....so you eventually get bored and come home! :P hehe... love Charlie.
6th October 2006

WATT UP ( THE CANAL)
LUCY MISS YOU , SAYS G-DAY ,WOOF,WOOF. NED GOT A JOB ALL IS GOOD YOUR GARDEN GOING WELL . GOOD TO SEE YOU LOT ENJOYING THE CREEK TOUR, LOL .

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb