We're over there!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire
February 17th 2005
Published: February 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Gloucester CathedralGloucester CathedralGloucester Cathedral

This is where we were today...the best thing about it is that bits of Harry Potter were filmed here. Plus, you know, it's old and stuff. Full of history and whatnot.
'allo!
So, if you haven't guessed, we've reached destination #1 in one piece. Well, two pieces.
Our plane ride was fairly uneventful, except for the man in a turban across the aisle who stared BLATANTLY at us for the full eight and a half hour flight. Seriously, he turned his entire body to face us. They played the movie "Wimbledon" and it was wretched...we couldn't even make it through two minutes. On a happy note, they had Tanqueray gin. Huzzah!
As predicted by many, two minutes after picking up our bags, we realized that bearing the weight of all our worldly possessions is, in fact, the worst pain ever. We are now ripping pages out of our travel guides in the hopes that this will decrease the load.
Anyway, we are resting comfortably in Cheltenham after a busy day of sightseeing. Pia's cousin Janine took us to Gloucester (pronounced Glaw-ster, for some reason) cathedral, where we wandered around. Two words: Gothic spires. We also went into the shopping district of Cheltenham and drank coffee at a Haagen-Daaz. Very English, we're sure. Now we're viewing a steady stream of British television as we recuperate from our extensive jet lag. Tomorrow we're heading to Bath and possibly Stonehenge so we can party down with the druids. We came to the startling realization that we have far more time in England than originally thought, so we're searching madly through our guidebooks trying to find more ways to fill our time, as we're here until March 9. Suggestions, anyone?
That's pretty much it for now...we'll try to write again soon, but don't get hooked on these frequent updates; we won't have regular internet access for much longer. In conclusion: Creepy man, heavy bags, jet lag, gothic spires, disorienting driving, friendly peeps, heavy drinking. England is awesome.
We're here! Whee!

Pip pip, cheerio! (do you hate us yet?),
Liz and Pia
p.s. We miss you and things!

Advertisement



17th February 2005

GLAD YOU GOT THERE OK
Hi Pia Liz and Liz Liz-Glad you got there Ok and found your way to Cheltnham. Have a great time and remember what I told you about "strange men"-didn't take long for them to find you.Anyway, enjoy your 3 weeks in England. - George
17th February 2005

What to do...
I assume you are going to the Cave!? That is where those four hacks first started playing before they ruined music for all us gen-Xers, isn't it? - Brian
18th February 2005

Hurrah for Britain!
Lucky girls.... have more time than you thought. Pia will you put a pic of Stonhenge on for me if you can? I wish I was there. Where will you be in July? Any ideas yet? If you can try for Thailand and maybe we can meet up? I finalised my plans for the trip there. Enjoy girls!! - Jacqui
20th October 2005

Where's Jonathan?
Hi Love the blog. Check out www.wheresjonathan.blogspot.com. It contains some pictures from gloucester, which I hope you like.

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb