Excursion to Robinswood Hill Country Park


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire
October 1st 2023
Published: October 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Excursion to Robinswood Hill Country Park

We got up at 8 o’clock on 19th September. The hotel didn’t provide breakfast, so we went to Poppins to have breakfast every day between 19th and 22nd September. We had English breakfast with a tea on 4 mornings.

Mark had planned visiting Robinswood Hill Country Park on Tuesday 19th September. We took the bus from Clarence Street; it brought us to the bus stop near to destination in 20 minutes. He took me to the destination using his smart phone. It started drizzling when we started the ‘Geology Trail’. The trail contained a number of steep paths through bushes and woodlands – it increased my heart beat on the way to the summit. Drizzling continued and it was misty at the summit, but it offered fantastic views of Gloucester city and Gloucestershire countryside and its surroundings. We continued following ‘Geology Trail while walking on downhill. It was drizzling and the ground was muddy, wet and slippery – we both slipped several times and it caused us to have wet trousers and socks with mud. We had lunch at the café. Having seen continued drizzling, we decided to go back to the hotel. As soon as we came back to the hotel, we changed clothes and washed our trousers and socks.



At late afternoon we visited Museum of Gloucester. There were a number of interesting documents, treasures, historic ornaments, agricultural tools, cookery items, exhibitions of historic events involved by celebrities, etc. I found a very interesting book, ‘history of Gloucester’ in the gift shop. This book was very interesting – it kept me reading – I learned a lot of Gloucester while reading that book. While going to Thai Restaurant near the Docks, we looked at couple of historic spots: the viewing platform of the Roman and medieval foundations of East Gate outside Boots; Greyfriar’s remains on the south of East Gate Market. Greyfriar’s remains were well-preserved: we would see features of the medieval church’s windows and naves.

We found Thai Restaurant previous day and decided to have the dinner there on 19th September. We both had two courses menu consisting starter and main dishes of curry, rice, noodle and meat and fish dishes – Mark selected beef & stir-fry dish with rice and I had Thai green curry with rice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb