Stow-on-the-Wold


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Stow-on-the-Wold
Stow-on-the-Wold is situated between Moreton-in-Marsh and Boreton-on-the-Water, and it is accessible by bus No.801 and 855. The charming village has several B& B hotels, cafes, restaurants, and original shops, e.g. Cotswolds furniture emporium, porcelain shop, delicatessen, and fudge shop. At the edge of High Street, you will find an amazing toy shop adjacent to the toy museum (admission charge £2) which displays an enormous collection of teddy bears, French dolls, toys of troops, helicopters, ambulance and cosmetic items, all of which were interestingly collected by one person!
Broadwell
There are several short walks around Stow-on-the-Wold. The nearest village is Broadwell, which can be reached via Monarch Way. The footpath starts from the curved road opposite to the bus terminal, western edge of Market Square. The Monarch Way goes through the woodland trail, viewpoint of the Cotswolds Hills, where walkers can enjoys the views of the Cotswolds landscape with cows and horses grazing. The woodland trail leads to the downhill route towards the centre of Broadwell village. The little village has a common, brook, pub, parish church, and several residential houses filled with pots and hanging baskets. The parish church has a 300 year old yew tree standing on the centre of the church yard.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 21; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb