on our way


Advertisement
Published: April 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

our new carour new carour new car

this cost us only 600 pounds ($1350)
Fri 25th April- Found a car without too much fuss, but thank god for the GPS, it would have been a nightmare if we had to find our way by maps. It cost us 600pounds (Aust$1350) for the car but then we found out we have to have insurance by law which cost 525pound for the year (we’ll get 9 months refund at the end though).
3pm and we are out of greater London on the motorway to Stow on the Wold, our adventure has now officially started now that we’ve finished organizing the car, internet etc. Everything is so green with carpets of wild spring flowers and blossoms, I’m so glad we came in spring, it’s so beautiful. The GPS took us through the back roads on the last half hour; it’s getting more and more like an English movie set. Every single town and village is gorgeous I just can’t believe it.
Stow on the Wold is sooo cute (I should have brushed up on my adjectives to find different words for cute and beautiful) Quaint little old shops selling everyday stuff.
Our room in the hostel is up in the attic. We met some Australians with their 9
Stow on the WoldStow on the WoldStow on the Wold

town square
& 7 yo boys, the kids settled in with them and a big box of Duplo, Darcy’s idea of heaven.

Sat 26th April- Our body clocks got us up early again so we went to explore the town at 6am without any tourist. We found this old church down an ally (the one in the town square is now a library), with old gravestones scattered around the grounds, tulips and daffodils are everywhere. We came back later to take some photos and had a peek in the church where the old (slightly simple)caretaker wanted to proudly show us the old clock on the tower, these stained glass windows and an amazing huge organ in what looked to be a relatively small church.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

walking in the church groundswalking in the church grounds
walking in the church grounds

gravestones scattered throughout the gardens
St Edwards ChurchSt Edwards Church
St Edwards Church

Trees at the back entrance


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb