2nd Briefing Weekend


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex
April 5th 2009
Published: May 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

2nd Briefing Weekend



Our second meeting as Team Russia was in Chingford, Essex from the 3rd - 5th April.

This was our opportunity to take our planning a lot further and make solid plans. We now each have our own training sessions to plan, badges to sell and fundraising to continue with.

Although we still don't have much information from Russia, we are going ahead and making plans which can be altered accordingly if need be. So far we have 3 possible destinations where we will be camping for sometime. These are all in Southern Siberia - which apparently is suprisingly warm in the summer!

Our training sessions will be on the following topics: Recruitment, Retention and PR (Anne and Rachel) Leadership, Development and Training (Jill and Susannah) and Healthy Lifestyles, Songs, Icebreakers and Games (Emma and Amber)

We also had to do a group presentation one night which was critiqued by the other groups. We now have a list of comments we can work on to improve. Then...the following night, we had to take part in a 'Strictly Girlguiding Dancing Idol Factor not On Ice...' kind of thing where our group was doing Bollywood dancing to Jai Ho. It was so funny trying to put a dance together in the short time we had, but i think we, as with all the groups, did really well!!

We now need to work on our training sessions etc for next brifing in June!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb