Time to say goodbye .... again ?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Winchelsea
September 3rd 2017
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The UK visit has been epic ..... for many different reasons- oh my hat.
Honestly not sure I will do it again... sadly. Seeing friends and family has been amazing and I keep reminding myself that's why we came- not for comfort - not for space - not for privacy and NOT for healthy food ??
Both girls are knackered beyond anything I've seen and Haylie is struggling. The mood is turning and she needs routine and green vegetables.

Our time here stated with a few days at Adam's house - and although it started a bit funny- as we never spend much time together before or since we left or on Skype- the visit was pleasant and the cousins loved each other. We took the girls up to London - walked the South Bank all the way to the Borough Market and then we visited St Paul's Cathedral - that pretty much was enough for the girls- but they did well ? Discovered Haylie shares Gary's fear of hights ..

We then had two full-on days meeting over 50 people - OH MY HAT !!!!!! It was right about here where my personality started to fade and I didn't want to play anymore ? (Not even my magic Ponstan pills could improve my situation - that time of the month ☹️).

The following few days were less hectic but in a way still stressful- but we managed a beach trip, water park and a amazing air show- even saw the famous Red Arrows ? AND a date night up in London to have dinner and go to a gig (won't bore you with the traffic disaster to actually get to London).

The last few days we spent at Sarah's house- she moved in with her boyfriend last November and now lives in a little village called Winchelsea- near Rye - East Sussex- one of those places that was there 300 years ago and the streets are still pebble- it was rather amazing- and made Gary very homesick.

I'm now sitting in the silence of 3am yetlag - in aircon of cause- but enjoying my uninterrupted little internet binch ???

Ps photos are from our day out in London- rest on Gary's phone or camera xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



6th September 2017

Hi
Hi, cheer up, we all go through those moments when extend holidays and you start to wish you were at home. It will be OK and when you get back the difficult moments will disappear or at least fade in the back ground. How about this piece of news - IH500 and saxo installed, Calvary lab scheduled to go live tomorrow morning. I've spent time on the floor connecting/pulling out plug and moving instrument - Transfusion bench is now looking rather cramped - but I guess over time everyone will get use to it. Enjoy the last remaining time away - let Singapore work it's magic on you. Cheers Mary

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb