Phillipa's Birthday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Riding of Yorkshire » Hull
February 25th 2008
Published: February 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another day in Paridise!!!!!


I'm writing this each morning when i;m asleep, so way to lazy to bother about spelling typos or punctuation, 😊 sorry bout that sparks, lol, alrighty, if your in the uk my number is 07957598294, if your in australia or elsewhere in the world, dial +447957598294, hooray!
So how was yesterday? Yay, yesterday was great fun, got to wake up Phillipa in the morning! for she was 18 and deserved a benny wake up HUG!! yay, and after a cup of tea, we all jumped into Aunty Sally's bed as apparently that is tradition on biorthday's (jordie included) and watched as Phillipa opened up all her cards and some presents! Then after some beautiful scrammbled eggs for breakfast, i got bored as it was 3 hours till top gear was going to be on tv, and decided to wander into hull for a bit, took a while to get there as we had no idea what time the trains came, and when we got to the station re4alised they didnt on a sunday, helpful, so we walked into hessle to get the once an hour bus, to watch it drive away as we came around the corner, so we waited around, and chatted about what we want to do and where to go, and we still havent a real clue, so you'll just have to wait and see!
Then the bus came, and it was a double decker! hooray, never been on one in my life, they're so ridiculous, but thy work really well round here, as the streets are freakin iny, so the shorter taller bus works way better! oh dear i'm such a nerd, haha. so of course we sat up thetop of the bus, at the front, which freaked me out, as i sat on the drivers side, weird sensation i tell you what, and wound our way into Hull. And in hull we needed some coffee, and of course found a starbucks, a really cool one that once i unload jordies camera onto here i'll post for you to see! problem was, this starbucks was in like the worlds coldest shopping centre! it had a really cool glass roof, and was sealed in at all sides, but no freakin heating, so you had to keep running into shops to warm up, and the starbucks was kinda suspended in the middle in some cocoon type thing, and needed way more heaters! We also went into tesco, which is the biggest shop i've ever seen, it is like having woolies, kmart, big w, liqourland, a chemist, cafe, gowings and mitre ten all rolled into one, really impressive!
So after that shopping centre we had a bit more of a walk about town and we started to get our bearings of where things are, and found some really cool shops with funky clothes and things in it! then checking the bus time table to get back home in time for the relatives who were coming round for dinner, we had just enough time for a pint, and we found the cheapest pub around! yay, place is called weatherspoons, some sort of chain in england, with cheap food, cheap beer and a surprisingly nice relaxing venue, 😊
after that we got another double decker home, on a different route, through some of the smallest streets i've seen a bus get through ever, it was insane, a 2 way street that shouldnt have any cars parked on it to let cars pass each other, isnt lik that at all, they park on both sides of the road, so hardly a motorbike can fit through them, and this bus, 😊
Home again and the relatives started to roll around, and they were all fantastic, was a really comfy afternoon, with the beer and wine flowing, conversation rolling way on into the night, and ben piking early
😞, haha, it got to about 7pm and after the most beautiful dinner of chicken pie and lasagne and the best chocolate cake in the world, all made by Uncle Neils Brother Paul, a terrific chef, it all got a bit tiring and i sat down and realised i was thoroughly exhausted after such a wonderful day, so whilst the party continued way into the night, i ducked away and snuck into bed about 730pm, where i got the best sleep since i got here and woke up this morning at 830! And i feel great!
and today, we're going into Hull, and hopefully bby this afternoon both Jordie and i will have a job!
till then everybody!
love ya!

Advertisement



25th February 2008

i hope you weren't just wearing your new jeans-scarf-and-no-shirt-look in that shopping centre otherwise i can imagine it being pretty cold lol
26th February 2008

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself. Don't get cold, wear a jumper. And dont forget to say please and thank you - love you mum
26th February 2008

coffee
Loving it, keep us updated. Glad you found a weatherspoons, cheap drinks! Cheap Leffe in most of them too, look out for it!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb