Stalybridge to Poole


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset
June 24th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I spent the night feeling rather queasy and not much better come morning. I would blame the Indian food, but I ate exactly the same thing as everyone else and no-one else has complained of feeling off colour?!

This morning we finished off our packing and loaded the car. Luggage for two is a much better fit in the Ford Focus than luggage for four! About half an hour before we aimed to leave Albert called an insurance company to discuss the cost of household and contents insurance. He was expecting this to be a quick call, but 45 minutes later he was still on the phone negotiating a better deal for home and contents insurance!!!

With Kath and Albert’s insurance all sorted out - with a saving of around 80 quid - we finally managed our goodbyes and headed on our way ‘down south’. Thanks to Edna we had an entirely uneventful trip down to Poole. The only slight glitch we had was that we couldn’t program Parkstone Road only Parkstone into the sat nav. Oddly enough this had us arriving at a semi detached house that was No.5. However, since it wasn’t an apartment, we weren’t confidant that we were in exactly the right place. Bernie thought I should go to knock on the door, but I elected to phone Jim and Marilyn’s number instead. Sure enough, we weren’t quite in the right place!

Jim gave us the name of a nearby cross street and when we tried to program that in all of a sudden we found that we could enter Parkstone Road. Within a few minutes Edna took us the rest of the way to Marilyn and Jim’s apartment where Jim was waiting to flag us into their driveway!

After the guided tour of Marilyn and Jim’s very well appointed apartment we were taken on a walk around the lake and into Poole old town. We definitely needed a walk after four and a half hours in the car driving down from Stalybridge!

The weather was beautiful as we were taken on the guided tour of Poole. It is certainly an advantage visiting places with people who have local knowledge! We filled in the rest of the afternoon in the town and then went to an Italian restaurant for dinner before walking back to the apartment.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb