WEYMOUTH WEEKEND


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Weymouth
April 2nd 2007
Published: April 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Headed to Weymouth for the weekend for Stella's birthday. Steve picked me up from work at about 3 pm Friday, drove in the horrendous traffic to get Sandra from Fords at Dunton. Following this had the 'Sat Nav' to work out the best route to get to Weymouth. Seemed to take ages and stopped once for a fab hot chocolate, playing silly games best of which was ‘What animal am I?’ Arrived at our B & B on the seafront at about 9 pm. Stella and Wayne had arrived about an hour before us. Settled in our rooms and then headed out for some food, decided to get a cab to a good Indian in town. Lovely food and good conversation, even had some hubbly bubbly before grabbing a cab back. Realised that I had forgotten my camera so do not have any photo's of the weekend.

In the morning had a full fry up (very bad for us) and headed by foot into town. Steve and Sandra decided to stop for coffee and to take it easy, whilst the rest of us headed into town and strolled along the seafront, through town to the harbour, stopped from a drink with some shelter from the wind and decided to have fish and chips for lunch which were scrummy! Headed back to the B & B for an afternoon snooze.

Couple of hours later was ice cream o’clock also got a couple of postcards. Played in the arcade for a while, not very good at any of the games. Stella hooked a cuddly dog and called him ‘dog’. Strolled along the seafront for a bit and popped into a pub for a hot chocolate with baileys. Decided to have food whilst out and debated where we fancied. Headed to the Italian where we got a table in the window and could see the sea. Food was lush and set us up for the night ahead. Back to our rooms to get changed ready for our night on the town.

Headed by taxi into town and dropped off at the Renzevous which was three floors, pub in the basement, Chicago type dancing music with small dance floor and then on the top floor big dance floor. Good fun and celebrated Stella’s 25th birthday here - 25!!!

Shortly after this, we headed out into the cold, windy night into Banus which was four floors of more dancy, transy, techno dancing. Had a bit of a boogie here and headed out here to the chippie at about 2.30 ish. Someone (!!) decided we'd walk back and due to the wind were sand blasted until back to our B & B.

Sunday morning, up for breakie again, packed our bags and filled up the car. Wayne drove us to Portland Bill where we were blown around, quite a few people fishing. Headed to Cerne Abbas to see the Giant who sports an erection of 12 meters long. Decided not to walk up to see him due to him being a greek fatility god!

Headed to Dorchester where we were meeting Jeff for our next adventure.

Advertisement



3rd April 2007

Hello
Hi Jan, How's it going! I enjoyed our time together in Weymouth. Would love to hear from you. Love Dog x

Tot: 0.42s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb