Tank World Europe


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Wareham
September 5th 2017
Published: September 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

And the day Phil has been waiting on is here . . Tank World Europe aka Bovington Tank Museum.
After a truly fantastic breakfast at The Royal Oak it was off to Tank World. Philip and Marie had decided to go to Monkey World first but due to the drizzle (and my Phil's desire!!) we dropped them off on the way and headed there.
There are no buses which go there which is really surprising. It appears if you don't have a car your only option is taxi's around here.
Getting out ticket we found out they have a kids kind of hunt. There are stamps hidden in the collections for kids to find and if they find them all they get a prize at the end. Really cool idea.
So in we went...
It's actually really good. It was only when we were through two collections different we realise what a stamp looks like! Giving Phil more time with the 'tigers' Amelia and I went back and found the previous three stamps.
Amelia particularly liked the horses and the tank themed playground in the middle, which gave Phil even more time to look around 😊
I loved the 'Goliath' tank, not exactly a tank but a bomb carrier. Carried the biggest bomb hence its name. Also loved the Praying Mantis, an experimental machine gun.
Phil found his favourite and got told off when he went to sit on it. Didn't see any signs but they were quick to point it out.
From here Philip and Marie found us and we decided to head for lunch. Amelia decided a sleep was in order instead so I stayed with her while the others wandered around.
Grabbing the last couple of stamps we went via the shop grabbing a couple of small souvenirs and Amelia's prize, a bovington badge.
Back to the Hotel, good timing as it had started to rain. I'm starting to think that we have bought this weather with us!
Down for dinner and yum, the food is fantastic and the wine was really good.
Amusing times came when Philip returned from the men's toilet to inform us that they had 'little blue pills' for sale in the dispenser. I then of course had to check then to see what was in the ladies, unfortunately nothing quite like that. Helen has since said that you would need a prescription as we would at home so no idea what is actually in those pills!!
Love the fact that people bring their dogs into the pubs here. Got talking to his owner who said they are trying to stop it from happening, not in Bere Regis itself though, which would be a pity.
An amusing end to the day and as good as Phil had hoped for.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb