The dive trip where we didn't


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Plymouth
May 4th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wayne drove us down to Plymouth for our first UK dive trip of the season. We stopped en-route at Stonehenge making use of our English Heritage membership.

It seemed to take forever to get there, and then when we finally arrived at our destination we struggled to find a parking spot (Wayne found one an parked with inches to spare!).

We got to the pub checked in and had some dinner yum yum.

After a much needed rest we woke early for breakfast headed to the quay and loaded the boat - bit rushed to get on board but we made it.

We headed out to sea, and it was a bit rough so the skipper decided we should stay in the harbour and dive the breakwater fort. It was a pleasent enough dive but a bit cold. Wayne was frozen through. His dry suit had leaked and he was soaked from the waist down (in all the wrong areas). We decided that it wasn't worth him trying again as he was so uncomfortable so we took our stuff off the boat went back to the room to shower and warm up before going for a lovely big lunch.

After a chilled out afternoon we joined the gang for dinner in the pub and had a few drinks with the skipper. We had breakfast the next day and headed off homeward bound.

It was a lovely journey home, we visited Bigbury bay, Totnes castle and Dartmouth castle. It was a lovely day to wonder around castles. Totnes town was beautiful, the castle was fairly small but very pretty. Dartmouth was really good. The sat nav took us the scenic route - down a windy narrow road to the castle complex. We looked at all the cannons etc before carring on our way, via a ferry (sat nav again!).

We had a really lovely weekend dispite not diving. I am glad we called the diving off as it was not the best conditions so we didnt miss a lot!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.483s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 16; qc: 89; dbt: 0.237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb