Ilfracombe Tunnels, Woolacombe and Hele Bay


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Combe Martin
May 14th 2024
Published: May 17th 2024
Edit Blog Post

I haven't yet shown you our last super day in Devon. Monday was wet so we had a lazy day in the caravan. just popping out to the Ship Aground in Mortehoe for a drink and meal when it eventually stopped its persistent drizzle. I should say though that we didn;t get the storms of the rest of the country, just a bit of wetness.

Tuesday was really pretty nice again. We did get a couple of isolated raindrops but most of the day was lovely.

First to the swimming pool tunnels in Ilfracombe. Historical Victorian dating from the days when men and women were not allowed to bathe together and ladies used bathing huts. Really enjoyed the visit and the light on the sea on the ladies beach was magic. We didn't visit the Men's beach as there was a little wedding taking place there.

From Ilfracombe East to Coombe Martin, a gorgeous little bay. We had lunch then took a walk along the right hand side of the bay which goes across and over the rocks by way of a narrow concreted path through some amazing rock pools.

We then headed for the coast to the south of Woolacombe at Croyde. Found the most superb collection of thatched cottages on the way to the beach. We parked in the National Trust car park, always handy as free as we are members then took a walk along the massive sandy beach. Lovely. Walking on sand immediately cures every ache in my legs and feet which I get from walking on hard tarmac.

So a lovely last grab at Vitamin C and D and a stroll by the sea. A perfect end to a super holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb