GETTING ORGANISED


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Derbyshire » Derby
July 27th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, this is our first entry of many over the coming months.

Below is our planned itinary for our up and coming world tour which begins November 1st 2007.

To Begin.........

CAIRO, EGYPT - Nile cruise over 9 days

MUMBAI, India - travel from Mumbai down to Goa and from there we will then travel up to AGRA, NEW DELHI and into Nepal and KHATMANDU with the possibility of a flight over the Himalayas (budget permitting)

Then we fly from NEW DELHI to HONG KONG for a few days, before its onto BEIJING. From here we travel to the following cities in China via train XIAN, SHANGAI. Then its off overland to VIETNAM, CAMBODIA, THAILAND and MALAYSIA. We plan to do this over a 3 month period

From Singapore we fly to MELBOURNE in Australia. After a couple of planned days here we will fly to ALICE SPRINGS and visit AIRES ROCK.

From here we fly to CAIRNS and then plan to travel either by train or bus (yet to be decided) along the East coast taking in anywhere that takes our fancy. Tim likes to dive so I suspect there will be some of that on the barrier reef !!!The Australia leg finishes in SYDNEY where I am very excited about walking the harbour bridge.

We then need to purchase a flight to Fiji (we could not get this on our RTW ticket) and plan to stay in FIJI for approx a month (depending on the weather as it seems to be the rainier season - you cant win them all !) I am really looking foward to kicking back here and enjoying what all bloggers seem to describe as heaven !!!

We move on then to NEW ZEALAND and plan to tour both the north and south islands over 4 weeks.

Then we fly into South America, SANTIAGO in Chile and up to LIMA in Peru . From LIMA we then either fly or travel overland to CUZCO. Here we join a voluntary organisation for two weeks working in an orphanage. I am so excited about the experience we both hope to have here. To actually give something back and help in anyway we can I think it will be so rewarding. After this we have an additional week to travel around PERU.

We then fly out of LIMA into SAN PAULO, BRAZIL. We have 8 days here and I cannot wait to experience RIO.

From Rio we fly to MIAMI for 5 days.

Then we fly to COSTA RICA and plan to take part in another voluntary project this time working with turtles. Tim has always been fascinated by turtles and mostly they have evaded him when he has been diving so this is a chance for us to be up close with them and study them in their own habitat. Excellent !

After Costa Rica we travel overland through NICARAGUA, EL SALVADOR, GUATEMALA and MEXICO this we plan to do over a month.

We then plan to either fly or travel overland to LA and travel up the West coast to take in LAS VEGAS, the GRAND CANYON and SAN FRANSISCO.

Continuing up the West coast through Seattle through to VANCOUVER and are looking to take the train over the ROCKIES through Canada to NIAGRA FALLS. Our return flight to the UK is from BOSTON which is where our tour will finish.

We have travelled far and wide previously but never for such a length of time. We are both really looking forward to all the experiences we will have. We are virtually organised for leaving, with only really the house to let. This cant be done for a few more weeks yet so all in all we are now just waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Advertisement



18th October 2007

trip plans
wow, what a trip you have planned!! well, well, good luck and have loads of fun. keep out of trouble. ;-)
3rd November 2007

hello!! have a good time!! love you both x x

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb