I'm dreaming of a white Easter.....What the?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Lake District
March 24th 2008
Published: April 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our trip


Well we didn’t get a white Christmas but we DID get a white easter! We spent the easter weekend up in the Lakes District….lots of fun even if the weather was a little cold. The first night was extremely windy and we wondered if Clancy would stay upright but she made it through - not like the piles of broken tents in the camping ground the next morning. The following nights were a little calmer and we were amazed to wake up to snow on the second morning.

We spent one day following a mountain bike trail that we had found in an old guide book. Needless to say some of the trail sections had changed in the last fifteen years and we found ourselves riding a lot further than we originally anticipated. Either that or we are both so unfit at the moment that it seemed further….. We had a few brake issues en route (not good when going down a rocky track) and welcomed a nice cold beer when we made it back to camp.

On Easter Sunday we headed off to climb a mountain. The snow had covered the path however and once again we found ourselves trying in vain to find our way. Finally found the track again and enjoyed another pint at the pub upon our return….we could get used to this.

The Lakes District lives up to its name of being one of the most spectacular places in Britain. We are still getting used to the fact that National Parks over here are generally still farmed, contain through roads and villages with most walks running through properties…..not like the untouched areas of Australia we love so much. It does seem difficult to find a place where there is no chance of seeing anyone else and don’t get us started on the weather………

Can you tell we are a little homesick at the moment??? We plan on staying in Manchester for about three months. By which time it is hoped that we’ll have enough saved and the weather will be warm enough for use to start more travel. The plan is to unleash Clancy from the confines of the UK and take her back to Europe where her life began all those years ago!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 24; qc: 105; dbt: 0.122s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb