Day 8- Orton-Kirkby Stephen (13 miles)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Kirkby Stephen
August 3rd 2015
Published: August 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Daily reward!Daily reward!Daily reward!

The choices every day are different!
Another day of new adventures on the C2C. In the first hour of our walk today we probably all changed our outerwear three times. It was surprisingly warm when we started out, though the skies were threatening. We were walking fast since it was easy terrain and we quickly shed our outer layer. it then went from drizzly to rain but still warm, to cool and cloudy, to a brief period of heavier rain to windy, and cloudy. We ended the day with bright sunshine and a lovely cool breeze. We are getting used to constantly changing weather.

New experiences today included walking across a "manure meadow", seeing ruins from 700 a.d., walking through endless moors and pastures with views of hillsides and mountains in every direction while constantly surrounded by sheep, goats and cows.

We arrived in Kirkby Stephen at the relatively early hour of 3:30 in time to get to a laundromat. It was conveniently located next to the most popular pub in town so we were able to have a half pint during the wash cycle and a half pint during the dry cycle. We then had another great dinner at the same pub. We have been in the same walking schedule as two couples from Australia as well as the two sisters from Holland as well as "Melbourne Jeff". We all ended up having dinner in the same pub both last night and tonight. The Dutch sisters are walking with us tomorrow but the Australian couples are taking a rest day. We might see them again in Richmond when we are taking a rest day. We still haven't met any Americans!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb