Falmouth to Bude Day 8


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall
April 21st 2011
Published: April 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Padstow 25 secs
Today we were blessed to wake up to more fine weather. We drove down into Falmouth to have a look about and take in the views.
We then travelled on to Helston and on to Penzance and arrived at Lands End mid morning. It was very very windy at Lands End. Lands End was not what we expected. We thought it would be like a National Park but when we drove we were confronted with a huge carpark and parking attendant and a big concrete gateway- like structure.
We walked in and there was arcade games and the like and a man charging a fee to take your photograph under the "Lands End" sign. We enjoyed visiting here and taking in the views but we were a bit surprised to see how commercialized it was.
We then drove to St Ives as we were going to meet Cousin Liz and her daughter, Hollie, for lunch at the beach.
It is not as easy to meet someone for lunch at the beach as it is to do it in Austalia. LOL!!
We had to park a mile or two from the beach in a 'Park and Ride' carpark and then catch a bus down into St Ives, again through very narrow streets. After disembarking from the bus we had to walk through to the harbour and then find our way around to Porthwiggen beach where Liz was waiting for us. The whole escapade took us about 3/4 of an hour. We were getting concerned that we may not have time to have our lunch. LOL!
Eventually, we found them and had a fabulous couple of hours with them on the beach. It was very relaxing and the sun was quite hot. I even put my toes in the sea!!
I was quite sad to part from Liz and Hollie as I do not know if we will meet again 😞
From St Ives we drove to Padstow (We called in to see Rick Stein, Mike, but he was off in Australia - was he visiting you?) The Rick Stein fish and chip shop was closed so we settled on a nice ice-cream as we wandered around Padstow.
We then set off for our accommodation in Bude. We visited Port Isaac and Tintagel on the way, but we did not have time to go on the lovely walks that were in these areas; however, we did stop for a while to take in the wonderful views and to take some lovely photos.
We arrived in Bude at about 6.30pm and went down to the Thai for dinner, very nice.
In Bude we stayed at the Sunrise Guesthouse which was very nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



25th April 2011
002 Sunrise Guesthouse Bude

Gosh another busy day
It reminds me of how busy and crowded the seaside is in the UK. These are places I have not visited so nice to see all the photos. Thank you for putting photos of the your accommodation, which looks really nice!
25th April 2011

Nice now
I can look through the pictures slowly, and it acn sink in exactly how far and fast you went! Brilliant.
25th April 2011

Family and Roads
Sue and Steve....how fabulous to have so many memories brought back after so long....it seems like yesterday! The winding roads I told you about I found so much fun! The piers, beaches and wind! Brrrrrrr. So lovely to see the family. Thank you for sharing it all. Enjoy the rest of your trip as I know you shall! The B&Bs look much better than the Youth Hostels!!
25th April 2011

Sheelagh
We are glad that you are enjoying the blog. In a way everyone can come on this journey with us by reading the blogs. Sometimes it gets hard to get time to get them all uploaded though LOL

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb