Mevagissey, The Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall
October 30th 2003
Published: October 30th 2003
Edit Blog Post

We went to stay in the lovely Trevalsa Court Hotel, Mevagissey for a few days. The hotel is right on the cliff edge, with just the coastal path separating it from the sea. The beach right across the coastal path from the hotel was lovely, despite the very steep climb down, not good if you are scared of heights, but I managed it more than once. It was deserted and although not big, was very beautiful. We walked along the coastal path, but realised how unfit we were! We walked into Mevagissey along the coastal path, and saw the village bathed in sunlight with the boats in the harbour. It was really quiet and many of the shops and restaurant were shut in Mevagissey because it was the winter. However we found enough to suit us for our stay. Mevagissey is picturesque with little lanes and alleys, very quaint. Our two trips out were to The Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan. The Eden Project - I loved. I thought it was great, especially the humid tropics biome. The plants and trees were so mature and established, and the climate was so reminiscent of my trips to the real humid tropics. It was beautiful. The plants were so lush and healthy, and the educational displays were excellent too. The path weaves through the biome through different zones, with the plants changing to reflect the new zone. We also went into the warm temperate biome, but this, I thought was not so exciting. As we went in the winter, the outdoor displays were in some cases being replanted for the summer months, but what was there was really spectacular, layers, shapes, colours of plants. It is a big site and when we where there because it was in the winter, there were very few visitors, and it was lovely to be in the warmth of the humid tropics biome taking a break from the cold, but sunny weather outside! We also went to the Lost Gardens of Heligan, which must be beautiful and full of life in the summer. My favourite bit was the Jungle walk. Very green and packed fully of beautiful trees, bamboos and other plants, very tropical, if very cold! We were very lucky with the weather, it was pretty sunny and dry for most of our stay, and it was good that everywhere, places and roads were not too crowded. We both enjoyed the break and loved what we saw in the limited part of Cornwall we visited.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



11th January 2006

SO COOL
i thought that was cool because my friends name is eden

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb