We reached the end...... and lost all the text!!!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » St Just
March 22nd 2013
Published: March 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

SORRY - Hoping that the whole blog comes through now!!!!!



Throughout the night the wind buffeted Georgie and the rain continued to hit her at every angle, we stayed snug and warm inside her, a great shower this morning while Woolly slept……



Woolly says – I was conserving energy!!! The rain was still lashing down although the wind had calmed somewhat we regretfully decided to head onwards and leave Padstow behind us. With gusts blowing Georgie every which way and Ian working hard at the wheel and, the girls attached to the windscreen actually agreeing for once, we set sail for the end of the world!!!



No not the end of the world Woolly, Lands End, it’s the most south westerly point of the UK and is famous for the distance between there and John O’Groats in Scotland.



Woolly says – going past strange fields of wind turbines and fields of SOLAR PANELS – how do you milk THOSE???? We went through town after town with T’s in their name until there in front of us was the Atlantic, WOW nothing between me and the good old USA. Pulling onto the carpark Georgie wanted to get as close as possible and Ian had to stop her with a firm foot on the brake, floating off to see our facebook friend Bill Gill in America wasn’t a good idea at this time of year! We left Georgie sulking and stood before an archway claiming to be Lands End – it wasn’t! The views were outstanding and, though the cliffs show the wear and tear that the sea has thrown at them, they were truly beautiful. The sea was lashing against the cliff face ,the surrounding rock formations, and seeing the tiny lighthouse in the distance was incredible and the SUN has come out!! We headed to the sign that has become so famous with tourists over the years, but costing £9.95 GBP (for a 7 x 5 print) we decided to give it a miss. Instead Ian took sneaky snaps of me and Jo at the landmark. Walking further round the coast we approached what really is Lands End, the first and last house, a small squat building which perches high above the sea. As we could see the dark clouds approaching we felt a coffee (for Jo and Ian) and a hot chocolate (recommended by Zoe) for me was in order, we headed inside to watch the radical change in the weather, rain pelting the windows and the wind howling we waited for our chance to get back to Georgie and ran for it.



We did detour to the shop where Woolly found a few sheep that reminded him of his friend Sion, purchasing a couple of postcards for daughter Zoe and the best dude in our lives, Dave, we climbed into Georgie and set off fir our stop in St. Just.



Woolly says – we parked up at a sweet little campsite found by Jo on the internet, Roselands (£12.50 GBP a night and 20p for showers), everything we needed and a games room – might fancy a game of pool later (but Ian would beat me…AGAIN!!!) We took the 25mins walk to St Just village and it was hilarious watching Jo trying not to walk in water in her new hiking boots, and when she rolled her jeans up to get through a puddle – CLASS. After collecting bread and a couple of Rattlers Scrumpy Cider from The Star, we headed back to Georgie. Our route back was even more exciting as Ian and I spotted some cars for my I Spy book and, with Jo cringing on the pavement, I spent a few contented minutes posing while Ian took pictures (hope he got my best side), a blissful end to a blissful day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 36; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb