if i ever see another pastie....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Newquay
August 25th 2006
Published: November 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

What better to do on a long bank weekend than visit the aids capital of the UK!
The forecast for rainy rain was thankfully a bit wrong- even got sunburnt, summer not over yet!
Took a long bus ride there (about 8 hours), stayed in a hostel above belushi's, had a great view over the water- made seeing sunrise easy and complusary considering we had no curtains.
Spent the first day just hanging round in newquay, went for a walk around, looked at the shops, ate some yum as clotted cream fudge, soooo good.

Went out for drinks, and got a pastie on the way home, got a small one- small being about the size of a chihuahua.
Came back with a giant dough-boy in my stomach to find that the hostel had no water, and wouldnt for the remander of the trip, got a bit dark on it and conversed with one of the staff members who proceded to have a big phat cry.

Next day we went to St Ives which was really pretty, window boxes with flowers etc etc, had pasties round 2, which were better- see photos of camilla thoroughly enjoying hers, which was only to be snached right out of her hand about 2 seconds later in a flurry of screams and feathers by a giant seagull, splattering us with stilton, beef and potatoe. A whole bunch of them then lingered around squaking/ blatantly laughing at us- as were the rest of the beach.

Went to Penzance and saw a pirate riding a bike. Also meet some little smurf-like english guys dressed as pirates later on, who challenged each other to many a dance off, possibly the funniest thing i have ever seen.

Saw the supposed town where King Arthur was born. supposedly. and ruins of an old castle. that has a cave that Merlin hung out in. supposedly. Why you would choose a cave when theres a perfectly good castle next door, i dont know.

Watched an opera at the Minack theatre which is carved into side of a cliff face by the water, very nice, opera was basically about a man-whore who was being hanged because he was a ho. Luckily it was BYO. Though did learn a new saying ''as willing as a turtle''. hmmmmm righto.

Oh, the deal with pasties is not to eat all the
camscamscams

she was actually busting a few brake dancing moves in the sand. such a talented girl!
pastry, you just suppose to hold it with your dirty coal-miners hands and chuck the crust bit at the end. I, the trooper that i am, managed to force all the pastry down. it is not recommended.
Who ate all the pasties? yes, that was me.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

newquaynewquay
newquay

english people at the beach
minack theatreminack theatre
minack theatre

luckily it was byo


Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb