The Journey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Gweek
June 10th 2008
Published: June 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

San FranciscoSan FranciscoSan Francisco

The view from the plane.
On Tuesday morning we sadly dropped the doggies off at Metro Dog and said goodbye.😞 Hopefully they are doing okay. They are so used to being spoiled and cuddled so I hope they manage to adjust after a few days. We drove back to Concord where we got on the BART train and rode straight into the international terminal at SFO. We were already running late so we checked straight in, got a bite to eat, exchanged our dollars for pounds and got right on the plane!

We had some amazing views over San Francisco, but didn't see much after that as they put us to bed and asked everyone to shut their blinds. I didn't manage to get much sleep, and the people in front of us reclined their seat backs into our laps so we couldn't really see our TVs so it was really boring. And long. But we finally made it to Heathrow!

From there we took the express train to Paddington Station where I got a cute little paddington bear to clip on my luggage. Erika fell asleep while waiting for our next train so I took the liberty of stacking crackers on her head.
Erika, with crackers!Erika, with crackers!Erika, with crackers!

This is what happens when you fall asleep. ha ha
(see photo) lol The train ride was soooooo long. It seemed longer than the plane ride even though it was only 5.5 hours. Plus our seats were backwards so I felt really sick, which was no fun. So I didn't get any train photos for you Cristian, I'm sorry! Maybe on the way back if I don't feel like barfing, lol.

We finally made it to Penzance in Cornwall by late evening, having been up for two days now. Talk about exhausting! My Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin picked us up in two cars in order to get both us and the luggage home to Gweek - they don't have very big cars here so my Mom had to sit in a little jump seat in the back, haha. We had a nice ride through some one lane roads covered entirely by trees overhead which was neat. Then we all turned in after having a quick dinner, or supper as they call it here. 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

PenzancePenzance
Penzance

The view from behind the train station at Penzance.


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb