Eden Camp and a foggy drive.....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Warrington
March 8th 2013
Published: March 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

With mist surrounding us we set sail for Eden camp.



Woolly says – Jo has been on and on about going to Eden Camp so Ian and I thought we would humour her and go for it. Pulling onto the car park it was easy to park Georgie up and leaving her to rest her wheels we headed off. At £6.00 GBP per adult it looked like a bargain and it defiantly was. I LOVED it, going in and out of the 29 Nissan huts each housing a different part of the museum based on WWII and with details of earlier and later battles that the Brits have been involved in. We went through bombed out streets, a submarine – didn’t like that very much it was pretty dark and you could hear mines exploding! Other huts showed the honours won and the uniforms used by our armed forces with loads of info on everything to do with wartime Britain. The last two huts were quite sad being dedicated to the POW’s, one showed the Great Escape (that was amazing as they showed how they had tunnelled through to get out) and the last hut contained photographs of those that were found in the worst conditions, it made me feel very grateful for what everyone had sacrificed.



Glad you enjoyed it Woolly, I thought you looked really cute choosing which shelter you would have used!!



Woolly says – It was good fun but incredibly cold and I was glad to get back into Georgie, driving onwards through the fog and mist I have to say this was not my favourite journey, crossing the Pennines we ground to a halt due to the weather conditions which made the journey even more tedious, Poor Ian just kept going I’m sure that Jo and I singing to the greatest hits of Queen must have helped!!!!!!



Finding our way to our overnight stop, Holly Bank, just outside Warrington, we had a clean-up and check of Georgie, giving her some fresh water and making sure she was comfortable after all her hard driving.



Woolly says - Jo and Ian disappeared to have showers (instead of being limited to water they could have hours of hot water!), only needing a bath once a year I happily settled down in front of the TV for a couple of hours peace and quiet – bliss. Off to Porthmadog tomorrow to collect the daughter of the family, Zoe, YIPEEE.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.586s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 50; qc: 183; dbt: 0.2593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.7mb